“Yummy couscous”

Ranked #401 of 1,503 Restaurants in Quebec City
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Moroccan
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Description: Moroccan restaurant Moroccan cuisine in Quebec, couscous, tajine, kebabs, merguez Typically Moroccan
Reviewed 19 September 2015

We enjoyed a meal of couscous (chicken and lamb sausage) - both were tasty and very economical. The food was served by a very friendly woman.

Reviewed 23 August 2015

This is the best hidden gem in Old Quebec. You'd never know it was here unless you looked down the stone tunnel to where it is hidden. Living in Toronto I have been exposed to excellent Moroccan cuisine and I can honestly say that this restaurant is excellent! From the Woo Woo cocktail, to the Kefta dinner and the best mint tea ever. Since restaurant is fabulous.

Reviewed 21 August 2015 via mobile

All of the meals were exactly the same - couscous, vegetables, and some sort of protein. The only thing that really changed on each dish was the protein. Our server was not knowledgeable about the cocktails or menu items. The server had a very difficult time communicating with us in English which made it more difficult for her. There was no wine list only one red and one white, the red wine was mediocre. Probably would not visit again... Too many other better restaurants in Quebec City.

Reviewed 18 July 2015

The restaurant is almost hidden, located in a dimly-lit alley, with Moroccan decor. Unlike some reviews we really enjoyed our meal and would recommend it. I had the lamb and Olive Tagine ,My husband had kefta and my daughter had chicken.The lentil soup was delicious. All were tasty dishes and we most certainly had enough to eat. I appreciated the care we were given in regards to our questions for my daughter's allergies.

Compared to other places on Rue-Saint Jean it was inexpensive. I also appreciated not being hounded for a tip as many of the other restaurants had done. That makes me tip more.

We happened upon this place quite by accident but would return.We ate outside , but there is certainly room indoors. The service was very good. We had a very friendly, knowledgeable young man who kept checking on us.There was also a woman waiting on tables. She samed to make a few mistakes and I was glad not to have her wait on us.

In all, a different experience and a nice change from the ubiquitous poutine!

Reviewed 1 February 2015

Found the restaurant by accident but was incredibly satisfied with taste, price and service. Our family of 4 shared different dishes and loved each and every one. Don't pay attention to any previous poor reviews…we know Moroccan spices and this place is authentic! Temperature outside was -17 and inside atmosphere was warm and inviting. We totally recommend this place.

1  Thank Vermont M