“Great location”

Ranked #31 of 102 Hotels in Quebec City
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great location”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

This was the perfect location as a base for our first trip to Quebec. Wonderful restaurants within 5 minutes, easy walk to upper town, comfortable room, very nice and helpful front desk staff. You will be quite happy with this hotel, good value

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I spent two nights in this amazing hotel where I was doing a presentation. Everyone in the group loved the hotel. The rooms had to be seen to be believed. It was an easy walk from the train station and was in the old part of the city so plenty to see and do. The staff bent over backwards to be helpful. I recommended the hotel to a friend who called me just to say how much he loved it. I would love to return with more time to take in the city and I want to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: From what I can tell all the rooms are good!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank AuroraSky
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Make sure you don't stay in room 106! It is directly above the restaurant/pub next door and the music is really loud. I complained at 10:30pm and the front desk said they would ask the pub to turn it down. At midnight, the music was still playing loudly so I went back to the front desk. I asked for a different room and they said they were fully booked and there was nothing they could do. I asked for a complimentary breakfast (and I didn't get one).
I went back the next morning (9am) and asked for a different room for my 2nd night and once again they said they were booked. I said, "No problem, I'm leaving" and that finally made the employee scramble to check her computer. Of course a room magically appeared and it was available to be moved in immediately, therefore it was available the previous night when I asked to switch. Hint to the hotel - Don't lie to your clients! I only stayed the second night because it was a cheaper rate. Regardless, it's not worth the price. 2 nights with parking & breakfast was 420$. The restaurant's food is terrible (my eggs were soupy) and don't forget to tip (they "forget" to mention service is not included).

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NM86
York, Maine
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We have stayed in Quebec City several times and always enjoyed our accommodations, however this property was really perfect for us. We were traveling with our 18 yo daughter and needed a larger room which is difficult to find in Old Quebec, but the Hotel Port-Royal Suites had a great one for us. Typical of Quebec City, the room combined the old elements of the area (2 fieldstone walls and 1 brick wall), with a very hip and functional bathroom. There was also a great CD player attached to the wall and a flat screen floating off of a beam in front of our bed. The staff was efficient and pleasant and the location was perfect for us - with 2 great restaurants across the street!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Ridgefield, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2011

This hotel was reserved for 4 people and was charged under $200 per night, including parking and breakfast for 2 online special through their website). The location is perfect and has lots of cafes, restaurants, pubs, nearby. I would certainly stay here again as the rooms were very clean and nice looking. I even thought the staff was nice and helpful to my questions about where to go etc.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family