“Great Quebec-French bistro”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Rue Dupont
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Arrived with a large group for a New Year's Eve dinner before hitting the town. Fairly extensive menu (see on their site), and I didn't hear anyone complain about the meal. The French Onion Soup was wonderful as were the other apps and dishes we enjoyed. Kitchen made a small mix-up with one of the steak orders, but promptly made a fresh steak to make up for one that was a little too well done for a friend at the table. Delicious dessert options too including a Quebec-style mini-caramel donut. Get it.

Example of the quality of food and service: Duck confit came with delicious mini-roasted potatoes. I felt like a little aioli would go well with it. They don't normally carry it with the dish, but I asked, the waiter said he'd get back to me, and within moments the kitchen had whipped some fresh aioli in response to my request, and it was fantastic.

Good wide selection on the wine list too, as should be expected.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and the decor is standard modern bistro hip. Good to go with friends or on a date for that matter.

Tip on going there: if you're staying at the big hill-top hotels (Hilton, Delta, etc.), it's a pleasant walk down the hill, or a very short cab ride. Hiked back up while others decided to cab it. On a busy night a fast walker will beat the lazy people in cabs. The food was so filling and delicious that the walk was a good call.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked the restaurant for Xmas Eve via OpenTable and was so looking forward to this as we were also celebrating my dad's 80th birthday. We had a reservation for 17:00 and was pleased we can have a nice early dinner and reserve the evening for other Xmas Eve activities. My poor parents, my husband and I walked 20 minutes in the bitter cold (-5F or -18C) down the slippery hill (snow, ice and over 100 steps on a stairway), to find out the restaurant was CLOSED. As we found out later that this is not unusual in Quebec, my biggest complaint remained that - if you're not going to be open, why did you accept a reservation? We travelled from far away (3 hours by plane and drove in from Montreal in the snow storm) to get here. It is absolutely irresponsible for any restaurant to do that to anyone. To me this kind of professional ethic is just not acceptable. It is okay to close for Xmas Eve, it is not okay to take reservations for a day when you're not open.

1  Thank JadeFoodie
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This bistro was a hive of activity and as it was off the beaten track from the main tourist area in the old quarter of town was mainly populated by locals when we were there.
We had some local dishes one which included horse meat . I personally thought the food was little average and was not overly excited however the locals appeared to be loving it.The prices here were reasonable in comparison to the tourist district but for Europeans still way to expensive

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Lovely staff ( makes a change for the waiting staff to be mostly more mature men!), serving an interesting and tasty menu. I had the scallops provencale which was lovely - the linguine came with a creamy basil sauce which was delicious. My husband had bavette of bison - a huge plateful. Unlike restaurants in France you get a plateful of vegetables with your meat. We went on a Friday evening, it was busy but the atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you like Mussels, this is the place to eat. on every weekends, they have their mussels special. Mussels with fries, simply to die for.