“Accepted OpenTable Reservation & Not-OPEN??”
Review of Bistro Les Bossus - CLOSED

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Rue Dupont
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I booked the restaurant for Xmas Eve via OpenTable and was so looking forward to this as we were also celebrating my dad's 80th birthday. We had a reservation for 17:00 and was pleased we can have a nice early dinner and reserve the evening for other Xmas Eve activities. My poor parents, my husband and I walked 20 minutes in the bitter cold (-5F or -18C) down the slippery hill (snow, ice and over 100 steps on a stairway), to find out the restaurant was CLOSED. As we found out later that this is not unusual in Quebec, my biggest complaint remained that - if you're not going to be open, why did you accept a reservation? We travelled from far away (3 hours by plane and drove in from Montreal in the snow storm) to get here. It is absolutely irresponsible for any restaurant to do that to anyone. To me this kind of professional ethic is just not acceptable. It is okay to close for Xmas Eve, it is not okay to take reservations for a day when you're not open.

1  Thank JadeFoodie

Reviewed 21 September 2013

This bistro was a hive of activity and as it was off the beaten track from the main tourist area in the old quarter of town was mainly populated by locals when we were there.
We had some local dishes one which included horse meat . I personally thought the food was little average and was not overly excited however the locals appeared to be loving it.The prices here were reasonable in comparison to the tourist district but for Europeans still way to expensive

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Lovely staff ( makes a change for the waiting staff to be mostly more mature men!), serving an interesting and tasty menu. I had the scallops provencale which was lovely - the linguine came with a creamy basil sauce which was delicious. My husband had bavette of bison - a huge plateful. Unlike restaurants in France you get a plateful of vegetables with your meat. We went on a Friday evening, it was busy but the atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you like Mussels, this is the place to eat. on every weekends, they have their mussels special. Mussels with fries, simply to die for.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place was recommended by the locals so I had to try it out. It is in the new St. Roch district so there are no crowds to deal with like in Upper Old Quebec City. Still, when I walked by later in the evening it was packed - but still no lines. The selection was nice - lots of local offerings. I surprised the waiter and had the blood sausage which i was delighted to see on the menu! It was prepared just right - crispy and moist inside. The sides were good (mashed sweet potatoes). I thought it was nice and the ambiance was just like you would expect in Parish - white table cloths, candle light at each table. Pierre the waiter was very helpful. The only thing that surprised me was the paper napkins but oh well. Everyone seems to be going that way.