“very local type food”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Quebec City
Cross street: Rue Dupont
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This bistro was a hive of activity and as it was off the beaten track from the main tourist area in the old quarter of town was mainly populated by locals when we were there.
We had some local dishes one which included horse meat . I personally thought the food was little average and was not overly excited however the locals appeared to be loving it.The prices here were reasonable in comparison to the tourist district but for Europeans still way to expensive

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Lovely staff ( makes a change for the waiting staff to be mostly more mature men!), serving an interesting and tasty menu. I had the scallops provencale which was lovely - the linguine came with a creamy basil sauce which was delicious. My husband had bavette of bison - a huge plateful. Unlike restaurants in France you get a plateful of vegetables with your meat. We went on a Friday evening, it was busy but the atmosphere was great.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

If you like Mussels, this is the place to eat. on every weekends, they have their mussels special. Mussels with fries, simply to die for.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

This place was recommended by the locals so I had to try it out. It is in the new St. Roch district so there are no crowds to deal with like in Upper Old Quebec City. Still, when I walked by later in the evening it was packed - but still no lines. The selection was nice - lots of local offerings. I surprised the waiter and had the blood sausage which i was delighted to see on the menu! It was prepared just right - crispy and moist inside. The sides were good (mashed sweet potatoes). I thought it was nice and the ambiance was just like you would expect in Parish - white table cloths, candle light at each table. Pierre the waiter was very helpful. The only thing that surprised me was the paper napkins but oh well. Everyone seems to be going that way.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

We had lunch here today, and it was the friendliest, most attentive service we had in Quebec in the past 5 days. Very nice people. Very welcoming, always checking to see if we needed anything.

A very cute bistro on St. Joseph. I ordered the daily lunch special which was amazing for the price. Moist pork loin stuffed with chèvre with luscious mash potatoes and fresh green beans. Beautiful presentation as well. My dining companion wasn't as pleased with her meal of the portobello mushroom sandwich which was small and rather burnt.

Otherwise, a great find. I would go here again - especially on the weekends when they have their mussel special.