“Wonderful, but very heavy!”
Review of Restaurant Lemeac

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Outremont
Cross street: Durocher
Transit: Park avenue and Laurier Street
Description: Bistro-resto Leméac, pour l’authentique et le magique Situé à l’angle des rues Laurier et Durocher à Outremont, le Leméac est devenu l’un des piliers de la scène gourmande montréalaise. Inauguré en 2001, le fameux restobistro vous accueille dans une ambiance authentique, au caractère à la fois classique et fantaisiste, et dont le charme se prolonge jusqu’en terrasse, avec accès quatre saisons. Son menu reflète les plaisirs de la tradition française, celle de l’excellence gastronomique, à laquelle vient s’ajouter un petit accent d’audace et de modernité.
Reviewed 25 August 2018

Be prepared for lots of butter! Delicious, with very fresh ingredients, but very heavy given the lifestyle that many of us have become accustomed to. Also, previous reviews had said that the portions were small. This is not the case at all. My daughter and I ordered appetizers (salmon tartare and crab cakes), mains (scallops and cod) and two sides of veg (green beans and mushrooms) and it was enough to feed four people! The service was friendly and very efficient and the atmosphere lovely--lots of enthusiastic diners enjoying their food.

1  Thank WestintheEast1964

Reviewed 11 August 2018

The rack of lamb was not tender and the peas were full of leak strips (supposedly French way but never saw that). At the price we thought it was Quebec lamb but must have been New Zealand. Could not eat. My lobster was not very good and the salad was not tender
We did not get bread and had to ask for it after 15 mns and the waiter just gave us a cold one
Disaster

1  Thank mahebo2
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came here for a lunch while visiting Montreal. We stopped here before our walk through Mont Royal. Service was exceptional. We were seated right away and the wait staff was very attentive. The food was delicious! I highly recommend LaMeac!

Reviewed 19 July 2018

The after 10pm deal was great $28 for 2 course...portion was big and food quality was good too. Do suggest to make a reservation ahead of time very busy place.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Loved that I could eat the fries and the plate of muscles was enormous and deliciously seasoned. The Gluten free dessert was clearly indicated on the menu so I didn't appear whiny having to ask lots of questions. So nice to try the popcorn ice cream with cake. I don't often get to try something completely new. Loved the French cooking and atmosphere.