“Just Average”

Price range: USD 25 - USD 99
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Village (Gay Village)
Reviewed 23 November 2014

I have been going to this restaurant many times over the years and was a favorite. It has always been a good place to get an inexpensive meal. Unfortunately the quality of the food has deteriorated over the past few years since ownership has changed. The atmosphere is no longer the same with the real Italian resto feel.

Although the portions are usually good the meals now miss the mark on tastes and flavours. Last night I was there and although the meal was not bad it required a lot of seasoning (salt & pepper). My friends did not seem too enthused with their meals either. The bread rolls that were freshly baked and served hot were cold.

Will I go back? Yes, but my expectations have lowered. I hope this restaurant can pick themselves up back to the level they were at before.

Date of visit: November 2014

Reviewed 17 October 2014 via mobile

I read reviews on this place and they were glowing. We had already frequented Old Montreal, downtown, Latin Qtr and wanted something different. This Italian restaurant is located in the Village on a very lively street with lots of places to eat, bars & shops.
The food was very good. They brought out fresh hot bread as well as bruchetta right away. The server was very nice and helpful in explaining some of the French words to us English-only speakers.
We all had pasta and they were very large portions so you may want to split especially after filling up on all that bread.
Highly recommend

Reviewed 21 September 2014

I had eaten here twice over the years and found it only "okay." Frankly, the reason I ate there on this particular visit was that it was convenient. What a surprise I had! Pasta was cooked to perfection; veal was incredibly tender and sauced perfectly. The service was great and the price was much lower than what one would have expected for that quality of food. Can't wait to get back to Montreal to eat there agin. Bravo, guys!

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Fantastic food and attentive service for reasonable prices. Excellent location on St. Catherine with outdoor seating. The tortellini with rose sauce was delicious and the house red table wine was quite good for the price. Tasty fresh rolls and salads. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: August 2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Good quality food. We had various types of pasta and all tasted very good. Prompt and friendly service. Oh, and the antipasto plate made for a nice appetiser. Will go back on my next visit.