“Extra-sensorial” 5 of 5 bubbles

L'Autre Version
Price range: USD 12 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood, Gastropub, French, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Transit: metro Champs-de-Mars
Description: The restaurant L'Autre Version, a pleasure bistronomic in the heart of Old-Montreal, where the discovery and innovation leads you toward an experiment ... Montreal style. Express Breakfast and lunch monday to friday Homemade products or international import products shop open for everyone 7/7 Terrace - events Takeaway service or fresh products to go
Montreal
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extra-sensorial”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Wow! This was my first time at this restaurant and won't be the last. We had the tasting menu and trust the sommelier with a choice of great wine pairing. Simply delicious, great ambiance and after many visits, in many restaurant in the Old Montreal district, The Best option.

I highly recommend it and you will be satisfied.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank EQuesnel

Montréal
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My husband and I went there last saturday and it was great. We took the 7 course dinner with wine pairing and, yes it did cost a lot of money, but every bite was worth it! I am putting L'autre Version on my list of favorite places!

1 Thank Cath027
New York City, New York
“One of the best meals in MOntreal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

L'Autre Version is one of those gems in a city full of French cuisine. I have been twice so far, most recently last weekend, & have said after each meal that it was my best in a long time. The food is always impeccable. Not only are the flavor combinations exceptional but so is the originality of the menu. On our last visit, my husband had the seven course tasting menu & I ordered off the regular table d'hote. Both were excellent. I had the scallops to start (wow!) and the "chef's surprise" which was bison with Cacao sauce & papardelle pasta as my main. The meat was succulent & delicious and the pasta was the perfect light accompaniment. The seven course menu ($75), which I of course tried every bite of, included one of the best seared fois gras dishes that still makes my mouth water when I think about it. Chef Pascal is really a star on the Montreal food scene.
When trying to sift through the myriad restaurants in this foodie city, L'Autre Version is a definite must-go for a meal that stands out above the rest

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Carine1320
Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, professionnal staff and nice atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

I went to L'autre Version for a wine tasting event on their terrasse last summer. It was wonderful. The terrasse is definitely one of the most beautiful in Old Montreal. I had a few appetizers such as arrancinis and Québec cheeses and it was delicious. I had such a great experience that evening I wanted to go back for a meal.
I went to L'autre Version with my colleagues for our Christmas lunch. We were 15 and had the opportunity to enjoy the private room. This room is beautiful and offers a view of Old Port. It's a perfect place for a meeting or a business lunch, especially because of the table which is round. We could see everyone and talk all together.
The service was excellent. The staff informed us about the menu and the wine list. Our waiter, Thomas, had answers to all of our questions and was quite polite and professionnal.
The food was incredible. From the red snapper to the burgundy style beef and the pastas, everyone was pleased. Desserts are delicious. You must try the chocolate brownie.
We loved it so much that we are planning our next business lunch there!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Lyne_12
Chardon, Ohio
“Good food and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2011

Trendy restaurant alongside the port. We enjoyed fresh oysters on the half-shell followed with a tender steak done perfectly and fragrant scallops on a bed of root veggie puree.
The restaurant was very quiet on the Tuesday evening we visited and the waitstaff went out of their way to explain the many options on the menu and give us their recommendations. We finished with an unusual presentation of a cheesecake ball, tasty but the gelatin skin was a bit un-pallatable. Very good service, a bit pricy.

• Visited October 2011