“Excellent service and meal”

Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal
Reserve with OpenTable
Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 5,723 Restaurants in Montreal
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Cross street: Sherbrooke and Peel
Transit: One block from Peel Metro station
Description: Located on Sherbrooke Street West, steps away from the Fine Arts Museum and McGill University. Our Executive Chef, Olivier Perret and Restaurant Director Stefano Raggi are glad to present you ’Renoir’. Jean-Talon market local products mixed with the chef Burgundy culture, create The Montreal's gastronomic modern and De-Light experience for you and your guest to experiment. Be Magnifique, Be our Guest and became a Renoir Ambassador. Situé sur Sherbrooke Ouest, à deux pas du musée des Beaux-Arts et de l'université McGill. Notre Chef Executif, Olivier Perret ainsi que notre directeur du restaurant Stefano Raggi sont heureux de vous présenter ‘Renoir’. Les produits locaux du marché Jean-Talon mixé avec la culture bourguignonne du Chef crée L'Experience gastronomique moderne et De-Light de Montréal pour vous et vous invités. Be Magnifique, soyez notre invité, devenez un ambassadeur du Renoir.
Seattle, WA
“Excellent service and meal”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I arrived at the Sofitel after a long day flying from the West Coast and after checking in, found that the restaurant closed in a half hour. Rather than go to the restaurant, I ordered their Table d'hote or set menu for room service.

With choices for soup, appetizer, main dish as well as dessert, it was an excellent meal - especially given that the kitchen was probably almost closed down. I asked for "something light" for dessert rather than what was listed and was accommodated.

I was in Montreal only for two nights on business but on my next trip, I shall definitely have to dine in the restaurant itself.

Visited February 2012
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal, responded to this review, 5 April 2012
Bonjour Sylvene,

Thank you very much for your review! We greatly appreciate your comments about your stay with us and hope to welcome you back to Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile and at Renoir Restaurant again soon.

Bali, Indonesia
“Deco”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Always good feeling in a nice ambiance. Better during summer time. Feeling cold during winter but maybe it's my blood type. Service is implacable, selection of dishes and presentation. Good wine list.

Visited March 2012
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Bonjour MiBali21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Renoir Restaurant, we really appreciate all feedback. We hope to see you again in the near future at Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Montreal, Canada
“Awful waffles”
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I had a voucher to try homemade liege waffles at Le Renoir for 2 and it included a choice of coffee, tea, or hot chocolate. We waited around for about 5 minutes before we were acknowledged by the staff. I presented my voucher and I asked for a hot chocolate and my boyfriend ordered a coffee. My hot chocolate was warm, but didn't taste sweet at all. I barely tasted the chocolate. My boyfriend wasn't given any milk/cream to put in his coffee. He only got sugar. After a couple of minutes, we were served the waffles. Firstly, I need to point out that my voucher specifically said liege waffles and NOT the traditional Belgian waffles. The restaurant simply said waffles on their website. There is a difference between a liege waffle and a regular waffle. Liege waffles are made with a different kind of sugar and are denser. We were served regular waffles. My disappointment probably lies more with the company that advertised the deal since they highlighted the fact that they made homemade liege waffles. However, I at least expected the waffles to be good. They were incredibly undercooked. They were mushy and had no crunch to them. It felt like eating uncooked waffle batter. The 3 sauces were just okie. Nothing amazing at all. Our stomachs felt heavy and bloated after an hour or so. They made weird noises. The overall experience was greatly disappointing. If the waffles were a golden crisp, sweet, and fluffy on the inside, then I wouldn't be giving it a bad review despite expecting a liege waffle. There was nothing good about it. I can't understand how a reviewer can say it was the best waffle they ever had.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Wonco
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Bonjour Wonco,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at the Renoir Restaurant, we really appreciate all feedback. We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion, and are looking into the issues you raised. We do hope to welcome you back in the near future so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with the "Magnifique" experience enjoyed by the majority or our customers.

montreal,canada
“Amazing chef, delicious and refined.”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

4 of us dined here on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was quiet and we had the oppertunity to chat with the chef who was warm and charming. The food was beautifully presented and delicious, we were all moaning after each bite. All 3 courses were sublime.

1 Thank montrealer_50
Bonjour,

Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments about our restaurant and chef Olivier Perret. We hope to see you again in the near future at Renoir restaurant from Sofitel Montreal Golden Mile.

Toronto
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Im not usually one to like hotel restaurants but this was a last minute pick. Nice outdoor patio. Decent food. Worthy of the rest of the hotel experience.

Visited September 2011
sofitel M, Social Media Coordinator at Renoir - Sofitel Hotel Montreal, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Bonjour Stephen,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are so lucky to have Chef Olivier Perret as part of the team and are thrilled to read how much you enjoyed his menu! We're looking forward to even more delicious changes to come and look forward to having you back to indulge again soon at Renoir Restaurant!