“Great prime rib”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Vieux-Montreal
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Vieux-Montreal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 6,370 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: USD 14 - USD 33
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vieux-Montreal (Old Montreal)
Description: A steakhouse with a difference. Great Keg steaks, a casual atmosphere, and friendly, knowledgeable service are the proud trademarks of The Keg Steakhouse + Bar. Visit, and experience firsthand The Keg philosophy of welcoming you not as a customer, but as a guest. Every location offers a truly comfortable and satisfying dining atmosphere accompanied by a fun and casual bar setting. Each is a welcoming destination on its own, and together they create an energetic and inviting, uniquely gratifying restaurant experience. We look forward to welcoming you in our Keg Steakhouse + Bar restaurants. No matter the location, you can be assured to live a unique experience and have an enjoyable evening!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The Keg Steakhouse serves an excellent prime rib, perfectly cocked at least to my taste ;-)

I took the set menu which included a salat. The taste of the Cesar salat was good, but there were a lot of brown spot on the leaves, not what I would expect in a restaurant of this level.

So a clear 5 for the prime rib, but the appearance of the salat reduce the overall score to 4.

I will still come back for the rib :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,270)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Incredible food! And very generous portions. I ordered shrimp cocktail and my husband ordered tuna tartar to start, his was incredible, mine was very good- prawns were huge and very tasty! For main he ordered peppercorn New York steak (rare) and I ordered baseball top steak (medium rare) and mine was better! We ordered a mini creme brûlée and billi miner ( which was a coffee on the menu) but billin miner is also available as a pudding and this is what we got. It was changed but we both felt the waiter was very unhappy about this even though we had done noting wrong. Would like to say the service up to this point had been excellent!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came for the steak and were not disappointed! New York Strip medium rare and another NY Strip ordered medium well were both cooked perfect to order, served at the same time, and excellent. Tuna tartare appetizer and warm bread was a nice start. Very friendly and attentive service.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My burger (Yeah, at a steakhouse) was one of the best I've ever had! My wife felt the same about her filet mignon. Our friends prime rib was tough however.

Reviewed 10 October 2018

early Friday dinner

dinner #1: Keg burger--cooked as ordered, excellent meat w/ bacon & cheese
served with very good slaw & excellent fries

dinner #2: prime rib--ordered & served medium rare--some of the best prime rib
I've ever had--melt-in-your-mouth buttery flavor served with
warm bread
service was spot on; the waiter brought a beer at the time requested;
the atmosphere was the warm, yet solid & semi-dark one likes in a steakhouse
an overall wonderful experience in old town