“Amazing Hidden Gem”

Cuisines: Greek
Neighbourhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Neighbourhood: Villeray-Saint-Michel-Parc-Extension
Reviewed 30 January 2018

Had our local family tell us about this place. Great family run place for family and friends to hve a very satisfying meal and get together. Portions are very generous and the food tastes great.
I will return whenever I visit Montreal !

1  Thank Hans E

Reviewed 28 December 2017

I eaten here in years just because it is kind of out of the way but i found myself close by and hungry. the family did not leave hungry. the servings were huge and the food was excellent. calamari was soft and not to heavily fried. both the gyro and the chicken souvlaki were stuffed big with meat and the pita were soft and fresh. mom had the lamb chops and they were perfectly soft and tasty. the rice was flavourful and the salad was good and abundant. the only weak point was the potatoes were fried and not the roasted like most greek restaurants.

1  Thank Kunavut
Reviewed 1 November 2017

This was our third time eating at Marven's. Be prepared for a lineup. Line moves at a decent pace though. The place is very small, table room is tight. I go specifically for the calamari which never disappoints. The entrees are huge, make sure you're hungry or at least take it home. Everything is delicious there. Sometimes service takes a bit but with the amount of people they push through in a night, it should be expected. You might wait slightly longer than other places for your meal, but its worth the wait. It is definitely a place to try when you're in Montreal.
SIDE NOTE: CASH ONLY, no credit cards accepted.

1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

If you are hungry this is the place to go; my food did not even fit on my plate! I ordered the 2 pita souvlaki platter and they fill that plate up to the max! The food tasted good but my wife was complaining that her lamb doner was fatty I reccomend you ask for a leaner cut. The place was jammed with people from corner to corner very tight but hey its a popular spot. You eat and run. They only take CASH this place has been around for a very long time they should really consider accepting debit and credit. Seriously! We r in 2017 my friends and I couldn't beleive it. They have a machine that charges you 2.50 for a withdrawal plus ur bank will charge for that withdrawal as well. Food was good and that in the end is what counts.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Their steak is one of the best in Montreal , you should try it once if you like meat , their French fries is unique, and their calamry is one of a kind ... I strongly recommend this place