“What a treat”
Review of Maison Boulud

Maison Boulud
Reserve with OpenTable
Maison Boulud is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 6,372 Restaurants in Montreal
Price range: USD 21 - USD 68
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Description: explore our extensive culinary master piece of a menu at Maison Boulud. Located inside the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal, our restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner with a weekend brunch.
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Recently had supper with 4 members of my family. The restaurant is very attractive and comfortable. We were all impressed with the quality of the service as well as the quality and presentation of the food. Everything that we ordered was perfection. The young lady who served us was enchanting. She was helpful and always smiling. I particularly would recommend the Heirloom tomato salad as well as the potato and crab gnocchi. The chocolat fondant cake was excellent. Would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed dinner at Maison Boulud on our first night in Montreal. The service was great! Our server was extremely friendly and did a great job! The food was very good. Excellent wine list. The ambience is elegant without being stuffy. We enjoyed our visit to this restaurant and would definitely return!

2  Thank JaxTravelGuy
Reviewed 12 September 2017

We went as two couples for a dinner on a weeknight.
The restaurant is quite pretty, and the back yard is sweet, although perhaps a bit tacky.

The service was fine and professional enough.

The food was the food for rich housewives: all flash and no substance.
I found no creativity in the food, no particular impressive technique. Very bad, or even non-existing, plating design. Nothing to qualify it a gourmet restaurant.

I find Montreal restaurants to be very lacking. this was another example of this.

1  Thank Elliott S
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

This was a very memorable end to our visit to Montreal. The service and friendliness of the staff was impressive and a real strength for the restaurant. However the food was the real star. The mixed salad I had as a starter was the best I have ever eaten with the combination of citrus and fresh vegetables which blew my taste buds away. For a main course I had gonochi with lobster. The broth was fantastic and once again my mouth was treated to an explosion of tastes. The chardonnay wine from Niagra was a brilliant accompaniment. Whilst not cheap this was worth the money and I am sure I would have paid more in the UK.

2  Thank willesley
Reviewed 6 September 2017

We found this restaurant by chance on our way to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts. The restaurant is on the ground floor of the Ritz Carlton and the hostesses were amazing and tried their best to accommodate us for lunch as we had no reservation. It was a busy Saturday of the Labour Day long weekend. We were delighted they had one table available not far from their lovely garden. They offered a prix-fix menu for 2 or 3 items. We chose the 3-item menu and have no regrets. It is on the expensive side but the quality of the ingredients, the meticulous presentation and the attentive, polite and unpretentious service was a true joy, and all of that in a serene and beautiful setting. We had a wonderful beet salad, a smoked salmon & cheese plate and zucchini dumplings as our appetizers. For the mains, we chose the lobster roll, roasted cornish hen and wild mushrooms omelette, all of which were delightful. The highlight was the fig dessert, very light mousse-like custard on thin a chocolate biscuit accompanied with ice cream. This was indeed a memorable experience which we hope to relive whenever we return to Montreal.

1  Thank Jah2006