“A great stay..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A la Carte Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montreal
A la Carte Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 144 Montreal B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“A great stay..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

My girlfriend and I found A La Carte on the internet, saw the many great reviews and decided to book. After our stay, I can say that they were all spot on - the rooms were very clean and comfortable. We stayed in the nature room which was very cozy and the jacuzzi was such a pleasure after a long day out in the cold. The breakfasts were very good (cheers to you Daniel!) and pretty much tailored around us with regards to what time we wanted to eat. Petra was a wonderful hostess as well and helped us plan out our days with her extensive knowledge of the city. We now know Montreal pretty well after only 4 days and all thanks to her. And who could leave out Monsieur Petite who greeted us each night when we came in and every morning! Made us feel right at home.
All-in-all, it was a very nice stay and I would highly recommend A La Carte to all. When we return to Montreal, we hope to stay there again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Quebec City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

We (my husband, me and our 13 months old daughter) stayed in the appartment at A la carte BnB for 4 days last november. We were really pleased with our stay and we will surely be back next time we go to Montreal.

Plus:
location is great, near Masson street with small welcoming restaurants, grocery store, pharmacy, bakeries and public transportation. The commute downtown is simple and about 30 minutes (bus + subway). There is the botanic garden nearby with the olympic park wich must be great for family picnics or a little run in summer. The size of the appartment is huge, much more than we expected from the website. It's really nice looking and the heating floor in the kitchen is great in the morning! The appart is so big it would easily fit 2 couples with a few kids. The hosts are really welcoming, with great disponibility and their little dog, Mr Petit, is really sweet. There is also a good wifi access.

Minus:
very few and weak: the floor is really uneven, there were some trouble with the toilet (but the owner were about to fix it), and... it's about that!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank VivaLaPlaya!
Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

My wife and I made our first visit to Montreal on a road trip from Connecticut. We are so glad that A la Carte B & B was the first place we stayed. Petra and Daniel are very friendly, generous hosts. They greeted us when we arrived at 7 PM and even gave us a glass of wine to welcome us. We loved our three nights here and were sad to leave. They are so nice and interesting to talk with, they make you feel like friends as much as guests.

The residential neighborhood is quiet, parking in the back, close to the Botanical Gardens. The location is great, and it was easy to get around Montreal by taking the local bus (which comes every 5 minutes) to the Metro. The breakfasts were delicious, the espresso was the best we had in Canada. The Mother Nature room was cozy, we slept well, the bath is large enough for two. Petra gave us an overview of the city, gave us good suggestions of place to visit and eat. If you like croissants, the best one we've ever had (chocolate/almond) at Copains D'Abord, a local cafe/bakery. Their dog Monsieur Petit is very friendly, cute, and non-allergenic.

When we go back to visit Montreal, this is our first choice of places to stay. It's that good.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandor B
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Petra, Daniel and Monsieur Petit were fantastic hosts!! Every process was done kindly and professionally from calling for reservations/prices to checking out. My girlfriend and I are mid-twenties and our hosts were extremely easy to get along with and interesting to talk to the entire weekend (Friday to Monday morning).

They are more than happy to introduce you to A la Carte's modern interior equipped with a fantastic movie and music collection as well as the local area and the beautiful city of Montreal. Every morning starts off with authentic and delicious breakfast at whatever time you like between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Monsieur Petit (the miniature poodle) is one of the most loving little pooches we have ever met and his adorable antics are sure to entertain while you soak in the warm, welcoming atmosphere.

We would recommend it to anyone looking to enjoy Montreal's best and we are definitely looking forward to going back as soon as possible. If you are looking for an enjoyable time in Montreal and want to meet some great people chose this spot! Many thank yous to Petra, Daniel and M. Petit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

My wife and I landed in Montreal at different times. Daniel was at the airport waiting when each of us arrived. It felt like I was being picked up by an old friend. We chatted about everything from my flight to home repair on our way back to the B&B. Upon my arrival I was introduced to beautiful Petra the co-owner, and Monsieur the actual boss of the establishment. These three helped make our stay in Montreal memorable. I could carry on much longer about Daniel, Petra, and the loving Monsieur but this is a B & B review.
Our room and bathroom were very clean. The Queen bed was firm but not hard...just the way I like it. The shower had a "rain" head. Ahhhhh! We had a nice private sitting area in our room with a small TV. Of course, we also had use of the living room with books about Montreal, magazines, and a big TV. Daniel is a movie buff so he has a huge DVD selection that he makes available to guests.
Breakfasts were served on our time. They were wholesome and tasty. Daniel even asked us what we wanted. Now that's service! I ordered bacon for our 3rd morning because I wanted my pal Monsieur to be happy. Though I knew I shouldn't feed Monsieur any of my bacon, I simply couldn't resist those big brown eyes. Sorry Petra, I couldn't help myself!
Petra supplied all the maps we needed, recommended restaurants, and showed us which public transportation to use. She was a superb tour guide. In a superb city I might add.
A la Carte B & B is one of the best places we have ever stayed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple