Angelica Blue Bed & Breakfast
USD 237*
USD 212*
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bbeach roomroyal suitebagel with smoked salmonberri uquambed and breakfastold montrealquiet streetother guestscomplimentary breakfastsevery morningbreakfast was deliciouswalking distancest laurentbig citylatin quartertop floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We regret we had to cut the vacation short due to family emergency bc we were loving this place. The breakfast was the high point! Lyne was very friendly and accomodating but not overly "involved" which sometimes happens in a B&B setting--Lyne gave just enough attention.
The neighborhood is going through major changes and has some serious construction going on (we did not hear any noises) the neighborhood is also very trendy and current and seems to be going through gentrification with the addition of upscale condos and the new hospital, so there are a number of colorful characters in the neighborhood-- harmless... but for those of you who are more sensitive, there is a police station on the same block. I never felt unsafe but I do live in NYC.

I think this very well may be the best deal and best kept secret in Montreal, the location cannot be beat-- 4 blocks or less to Berri Uquam and St. Laurent metro stations that get you just about anywhere in the city you want to go. A nice 6 or so block to Old Montreal. Did I mention the breakfasts? These are not toast and jelly or cereal an orange. These are extensive, well prepared meals! Fresh cut fruit cocktails (mango papaya, berries) yogart, fresh baked muffins, omletts, fresh baked pastries, bagel and lox... cheese cookies...
The only reason this is not getting 6 stars is because the decoration is a bit dated and could stand to be modernized and the beds were not made/linens were not replaced daily, and we had an in room shower so we had a of suite shared bathroom, minor issues and not something I needed for this short weekend trip. I might add that I have re-booked this place a 2nd time for F1 weekend and will be staying in another room with in suite bathroom and cannot be more excited to visit the Angelica Blue again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Victorian. I would recommend this room for couples and not friends as the shower is in room with a small partial room screen that did not really help. We also had access to shared full bathroom that we used.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I stayed with our 2 month old baby for four nights in March 2012. We were delighted with our room (the Victorian) and everything about our stay. Lyne and Selma treated us with such hospitality and kindness. We had wonderful breakfasts each morning and they were very accommodating of my special diet owing to my baby's allergies. The room was very clean and the bed was extrmely comfortable. The location is ideal - a short walk to Berri-UQAm and Champ de Mars metro stops. Also, it is right near a police headquarters, so we felt safe. We had no complaints and will definitely return on our next visit to Montreal.

Room Tip: The victorian was very comfortable and nicely decorated.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2012

nice host and nice breakfast! i got a good memory in montreal ! thx Lyne !

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Ha- That was my attempt to speak in French. Anyway, this B&B cannot be beat in Montreal.

The location is downtown. You can walk, you can cab it anywhere, the cab drivers knew exactly where it was. Really central.

The building and rooms are so charming! We stayed in a small room on the first floor. The owner took care to restore the rooms to highlight the historic building and it shows. Our bed was comfortable.

The breakfast!! For an inexpensive hotel, they could have skimped on the breakfast- not here! Fresh, homemade muffins, local bagels, lox, fruit and hot coffee and tea. All are served with a smile and a little conversation by the owner Lynn and her niece. You really feel like you are a welcomed guest. Also to note- we asked what time breakfast was, their response, "What time would you like it?" I have never seen that sort of accommodation before.

We came for New Years but think the Jazz Fest *just down the street would be even better!
Enjoy this place.

Room Tip: The two rooms downstairs have a shared bathroom- choose a room upstairs if you are not comfortable sharing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mvrandshker
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Stayed here while attending a conference at the Palais des Congres. Lyne, the innkeeper, is a warm, lovely person, very passionate about her work and she really made me feel at home. It's quiet, spacious, and the breakfasts are fabulous every morning. Great place and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Didn't see the other rooms, but I was in the Victorian and it was lovely!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business