I have spent the past 5 months traveling to Montreal for work every week - Hotel Gault was the first hotel that made my jaw drop upon entering into my room (I've stayed at 7). For starters, my room was absolutely stunning - warm wood interiors, bed tucked away in a cozy nook, perfect lighting, giant area rug around bed, non-tile bathroom floor (warmer on your bare feet). I was also welcomed into my room with a plate of fresh baked cookies, as well as a personalized card signed by the front desk manager - a very memorable touch! Lobby and library are inviting (photographs, fireplace, comfortable seating). Gym is small, but adequate.
What I loved:
- Friendly front desk staff (Kelsey, Yanick, etc.) who anticipated my every need (bag storage, taxi, etc.) - always attentive toward guests, never had to wait for staff to finish talking to each other
- Beautiful room (see above)
- Giant lamp above desk provided sufficient light to work at night (unlike many other hotels)
- Easy-to-use showerhead with great water pressure
- Great sleep quality: Comfortable bed, no street noise
- Convenient location
What I disliked:
- More stairs to reach the front entrance than most hotels and no automatic doors/infrequent doorman (difficult with suitcase in hand - not an issue otherwise)
- High-top bar-stool desk chair not ideal for extended work on laptop (beautifully designed, but no back support) - from hotel photos, it looks like not all rooms are like this
- Curtains didn't fully close in my room
-Had to unplug either the desk lamp or iPod speakers to plug in my laptop (there was another plug along the wall, but was too far to reach)
Thank you to the team at Hotel Gault for a phenomenal stay - I will without a doubt be back in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Gault is a boutique hotel housed in an historic building built in 1871. The hotel lies in the heart of Old Montreal, just steps away from the downtown and the convention centre. In contrast to the exterior of this landmark building, inside, The Gault features a minimalist style. Together, they create an incomparable communion of old-world comfort and luxurious contemporary design. Furnished with classic 20th-century pieces, The Gault experience is enhanced by huge French windows that flood each of the 30 suites with natural light and create a radiant atmosphere. All the rooms are open-plan and equipped with Mondrian custom oak cabinetry, an LED flat-screen television, and Blu-ray technology. Some suites feature 3D televisions. All guests enjoy HDTV, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access, and free local calls. iPads are available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Gault reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gault Hotel Montreal