1,477 results
All reviewsjonathan leclercold montrealheated floorsloft roomquiet streetmodern designdvd playerupgraded to a suitebottled waterbeautiful hotelbeautiful roomhigh ceilingslong weekendlarge bathroomvalet parkingvisit montrealnotre dame
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I stayed at hotel gault for 4 days in Feb in old montreal. First off, the location of this hotel is fantastic. It's walking distance to all the charming shops and some of the best restaurants in Montreal- location wise, it's an A+!
The hotel decor is very modern, clean and comfortable. It reminded me of Hotel 71 in Old Quebec- which I also loved.
The staff are so lovely, so friendly and extremely accommodating. I really felt welcomed and comfortable and have nothing but nice things to say about the staff there.
The turn down service was also great- always discreet and prompt. The hotel also left little treats in the room from time to time which I thought was very nice- every evening, staff would come bring us bottles of water as well which was thoughtful.
Hotel Gault offers complimentary ipads to use during stay- i didn't take advantage of this service but thought it might come in handy for people who need to stay connected.
The only minor item that I wish they had was a coffee/tea maker in the room. We had to run down to the hotel lobby bar every time we wanted a coffee and it was quite expensive (a cup of tea and a cup of coffee for around 9 dollars).
Another thing worth mentioning is the hotel food, usually I don't like room service food- I've stayed at really high end hotels and have never ever been impressed by hotel room service food but hotel gault's food was exceptional. If you want snack and you don't want to step outside, I highly recommend you try the hotel food- the charcuterie and cheese boards were excellent- even better than wine bar boards!
Now most importantly, the cleanliness... our room was SPOTLESS. The bathroom was spotless and the shower stall was so shiny, I couldn't find one fault with the cleanliness of this hotel. It was perfect, I wish this was the standard cleanliness for all hotels in the world.
I would definitely stay at hotel gault again and I highly recommend this hotel over all the other tacky chain hotels in Montreal. A true boutique style with definitely better than the rest.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mardy J
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to start by thanking you for your overwhelmingly positive review about your recent stay at the Hotel Gault on TripAdvisor.
It was truly a pleasure to read. It is true that our location is a valuable quality as we are minutes away from the city's famous venues, and less than 5 minutes walking distance from Square Victoria metro station.

We are committed to providing high-end personalized service, and we are delighted that our welcoming staff and the modern decor complimented the comfort of your stay. It's quite rewarding to the entire team coming from our valued guests such as yourself.

In addition to the service, we were extremely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our food. We have recently restructured our restaurant module, and a new head chef joined our team. We’ve worked so hard over the past months to come up with new menus and ideas to satisfy every craving; from a midnight snack to a full course meal. Your testimony came as an appreciated recognition of the team's hard work. I do however apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced in having your morning coffee. On your next stay, we will make sure to deliver it every morning to the comfort of your door at your preferred time.

Last but not least, I have passed on your kind words to our housekeeping associates for their exceptional work in keeping our Hotel a spotless place. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel, and being referred to as an example property to all hotels by a valued guest is truly an honor.

Once again, our sincere thank you for your kind review; we cannot wait to welcome you back!

Ghaith Shannak
Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Very spacious rooms, bathrooms (underfloor heating), comfortable beds, nice amenities and extremely helpful staff. Nice espresso upon arrival and 24h room service menu. Offered use of ipads if required (nice touch). Great breakfast in the morning and prices good enough to discourage me from venturing out. My only criticism is that it took some time for my room to heat up but it was particularly cold in Montreal in February. All in, highly recommend and I will gladly return.

Room Tip: If staying in the winter, crank the heat upon arrival (underfloor in bathroom as well) as it takes a while to heat the large, loft-style spaces.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank MJJC1984
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Hotel Gault with the TripAdvisor community.
We're delighted to hear that the combination of our amenities, along with the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms and our 24hr room service, worked in harmony to make your experience a pleasant one. Indeed, it is often the fine touches that define the stay.

It is truly rewarding to hear that we were part of your positive experience and a treat for the entire staff.

We look forward to welcoming you on a future occassion at the Gault.

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Beautiful hotel, great service and perfect location. Hotel Gault is a perfect choice in every way. The suite was absolutely beautiful, very spacious, impeccably clean and lots of storage space. Everyone at the front desk was always extremely helpful in suggesting great places and handling reservations, all done with a smile. I would definitely recommend this hotel to couples, families or even traveling solo. A gem in Montreal.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank 8travelbunny8

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community about your recent stay at the Hotel Gault. We were very pleased to know that you enjoyed your experience in one of our spacious suites, and that our staff lived up to your expectations in providing impeccable service.
I have passed on your wonderful comments to the entire staff and they were extremely proud to learn the news.

We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back at the Gault.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 5 February 2013

Very nice expeience. Very nice rooms. Not so nice food. Loved the location. Staff was very friendly. Great spacious rooms and bathrooms. In the heart of Old Montreal and so many nice restaurants at walking distance. Excellent concierge service as well. Congratulations on this fine hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank abraham r

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Hotel Gault on TripAdvisor. We're thrilled to know that you enjoyed your experience with us, and that the rooms and services were up to your satisfaction. In addition, we're glad that you were able to take advantage of our concierge services, and our proximity to Montreal's various attractions.
We sincerely thank you for the kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you in a near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

Hotel Gault is a classic heritage building located on a very quiet street in the Old Port but very close to lots of wonderful restaurants. The decor is very contemporary. The rooms are spacious and most have floor to ceiling windows that open to a quiet street below. The staff are wonderful - making you feel like you are their most honoured guest in residence. Women travelling alone will feel particularly safe given guests must pass the reception desk to access the elevator and all are greeted by the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Room 320 is incredibly spacious with a huge washroom including a separate wc, a glassed in shower and sculptural freestanding bathtub. It also has a very large and functional desk area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Laurie S
Francisco G, Front Office Manager at Hotel Gault, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your kind review about your recent stay at The Gault Hotel.

We strive to make each guest's stay memorable and I thank you for the 5 star review that you gave the Hotel Gault on TripAvisor, we are delighted that you enjoyed our location and it’s surrounding’s and our service.

We look forward to your next stay with us.

Regards,