2,410 results
All reviewspetite suiteold montrealverses restaurantmechant boeufrooftop barexposed brickcontinental breakfastcharming hotelelectric fireplaceart galleriesthe penthousejacuzzi tubturn down servicenotre damegreat boutiqueromantic getawaythe location is perfect
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The Signature Suite is big and beautiful! The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are well kept and very clean. We look forward to another trip to Montreal and will certainly be back at the Nelligan!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Nelligan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear Travelgadabout,

Thank you kindly for your good words.
I am proud to read L'Hotel Nelligan made it onto your list of favorites!
We look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

This hotel has been my MTL base for several years. Its location is unrivaled, a block from the cathedral and right in the heart of old Montreal. Rooftop bar is a great spot for a cocktail and the steak restaurant is a meat lover's dream. They also have live music there.Skip the breakfast at the hotel and pop into Christian Faure around the corner on Rue Royale for the best croissants in North America. Service is convivial, rooms are spacious and well appointed. Look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Hotel-Nelligan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nelligan, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your great worlds on TripAdvisor. Le Nelligan is indeed well located, as it is in the heart of Old Montreal, the historical city. We are happy you have enjoyed it again, but we feel sorry you did not stop by the breakfast, to enjoy our continental buffet.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and we wish a wonderfull summer
Warm regards
Daisy

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This is a wonderful hotel in old Montreal. Very quiet, a great restoration of an old building gives a very exclusive atmosphere, very comfortable.
Soufe the front desk manager is very helpful, valet was great,very enjoyable stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Thomas C,

Thank you so much for you beautiful words.
I am so happy to hear that you had such a wonderful experience in our hotel and I am thankful of your recommendation.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Our room was big and well appointed, and despite our staying on a Saturday night, on the third floor with two wedding receptions happening downstairs, noise was not an issue. In my experience and opinion, good noise insulation is what sets a really good hotel apart. Service was friendly and location could not be better. My only gripe is the breakfast buffet, which was not as good as the rest of the hotel. If I have to be specific: fresh cut fruit was not of good quality (the stawberries tasted of something else besides strawberries, the watermelon was bland); boilt eggs were very hard, and bagels not fresh enough to eat untoasted. I’d still come back to the Nelligan, but I’d probably go out for breakfast.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Annarosa,
firts and foremost I would like to thank you for taking on your time to wrtite and share your experience with us. I am happy to read that we have enjoyed your stay. I am just a little concern about your experience for the breakfast. Of course I will make sure to share your comment with the Food and Beverage Director. However, I hope on your next time visit you will give them another chance to expereince our restaurant at its best.

I wish a great day
Daisy

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We stayed in the Nelligan for two nights. The room was probably one of the nicest I have ever seen- full of character, with exposed stone walls and beautiful high end finish. The service was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful. The location is perfect for exploring the city. Didn't take advantage of the rooftop terrace as we had too much to see in Montreal- we will have return!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Jlowry21,

Thank you so much for you beautiful words.
I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.