“Off the main stream but worth it”
Review of Le Filet

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Le filet is a quaint restaurant on Mount-royal near park avenue. If you are looking for a restaurant that can give you a low key atmosphere that will let you discuss any topic over diner( without yelling), this could be your place. The cuisine is refined and not over the top and the service is attentive without being annoying. Parking is at a premium around that area and walking or taxi could be your best way to arrive stress free.

1  Thank Gordon B

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Came in with a large party and although we were rowdy, the waitress was kind and treated us all like adults. I had the miso oysters (pic 1) which were amazing and the shrimp risotto (pic 2) which was nice but lacked seasoning. My friends has the veal (pic 3) and makerel (pic 4). Not very filling and pricey, but very good. Next time I come, I'll order way more oysters!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I’ve been struggling for two days to write a review of Le Filet. Up to then, it feels like I have not truly eaten, only subsisted on food. From the moment I stepped in, I felt welcomed like an old friend. The inside decor did not disappoint, unlike the menu. Let me explain. I looked at it thinking, “Meh, I guess I’ll go for the duck” and our waiter gave us adequate descriptions. But then... POW!!!! Holy moly people, the food is good. REALLY GOOD. A-MA-ZING-LY GOOD-UH. We went through the 7 stages of grief finishing our meal (denial/shock, guilt, anger/bargaining, depression/reflection, the upward turn, working through, acceptance/hope). Mind you, the bill is “saucy” (I wouldn’t go there on a weekly basis, unless I fell into some real money) but it’s ALL worth it!!! Must haves: the oysters and Éric for dessert. I feel like I’ve already said too much. Just go already!

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Tried le Filet again it was awesome. Different season different menu.
Set was : Marinated Trout, Tuna Tartare, Quebec Tomato and Octopus. YUM!
Match was: Fish of the day as well as special Cod of the day, cavatelli and Magret de Canard. YUMMY!
We finished with deserts chocolate cake, Maple Syrup square and the yuzu tarte.
So delicious can't wait 'till our next trip

Reviewed 26 July 2018

The food was generally inventive and tasty. The menu is divided into three parts (apart from dessert): Game, Set and Match. Our waiter recommended sharing one dish from the Game part (a sort of pre-appetizer), then each have one from Set and Match, which turned out to be an appropriate amount of food. The smoked mackerel rillettes, the tuna tartare and the tomato-avocado salad were all excellent and inventive. The cavatelli (pasta) with veal was also good, but a slight disappointment compared to the earlier dishes.

Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable. The wine list had a good selection of options by the glass, and she was able to recommend a wine that could go with both the appetizer and the main course.

The decor is understated and stylish, with a good atmosphere when the place fills up. You can choose to sit at the long bar instead of by a table.