“This place is so underrated”
Review of Le Filet

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Parc du Mont-Royal
Cross street: Esplanade
Transit: Bus: 80, stop corner Mt-Royal and Parc avenue. Bus: 97, stop corner Mt-Royal and Esplanade. Metro: Mt-Royal + bus 97 toward the west. BIXI station
Description: In a sparkling universe entirely dedicated, in sense and spirit, to the oceans and their treasures, we invite you to indulge with us in some moments of joy. Dans un univers chatoyant, dedie, tant par les sens que par l'esprit, a la mer et a ses condiments, nous vous convions a vivre avec nous des moments de joie.
Reviewed 10 April 2018

I come here very often. I love the seafood here.

To start I would recommend the Miso Oyster. They are one of a kind and they contain no cheese. Then we ordrered the Tuna Tartare, the hamachi, the grilled octopus and the wagyu, the smoked duck and the onion rings. Out of all the things we order there was nothing I wouldn't recommend. The prices are reasonable and the service is generally very good. Out of all the times we went there were 2 nights where service was so so, but apart from these nights service has always been good.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Over the last few years, the food scene in Montreal has just improved incredibly. Once good, it is now great. So it was nice to have great food in a town where this foodie scene is just exploding with interesting possibilities. First is a cool ambiance with a good feel - not overly fancy or stuffy, you could easily go in jeans or a suit. Service was attentive but certainly not overbearing, casual and at the same time very knowledgeable - in both English and French. As for the food, it was both simple and creative - the sign of a great chef. Nothing crazy, but the favors just meld together in great ways with every bite. The cavatelli was very, very interesting and a great series of flavors. Started with the hamachi, and although a bit common was also a sure hit. Wine choices were not overly expensive, but with the help of the waiter well paired with the dishes. Would definitely return but beware that I hear these days it make be wise to reserve at least a few days in advance.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Can't really fault anything with our experience. The service was warm and friendly. The food came within reasonable delays. The food was delicious and beautifully presented. If you go, try the oysters and the maple dessert, these were the highlights of my meal.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

It was a wonderful night at Le Filet. The service was impeccable and the pairing suggestions were right on point. I took a game-set-match service, starting with oysters prepared in three different ways, followed by a wonderful tuna tartar, an exquisite cavatelli with foie gras (one of the best I ever had). It is not surprising to see all the positive reviews on this website for that restaurant as it was truly a night to be remembered for all the right reasons. I am already looking forward to my next opportunity to go to Le Filet.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

We went with friends and it turned out to be one of the best and most enjoyable meals we had had in a long time. Every dish was delicious, delicately presented and the service was impeccable.