“Truly is a gem”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centre-Ville (Downtown)
Reviewed 12 November 2018 via mobile

Best fish chips when not in the UK. Truly is one of the best restaurants in montreal. Best crunchy, fresh chips and fish I've had. The haddock with the maple syrup batter was delicious. Hands down a win for anyone needing a bite to eat for lunch or dinner and not too pricey.

Reviewed 8 November 2018 via mobile

Location is small so a large group is tough, but it was a great lunch with a variety of meals eaten and no complaints heard!

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

We split an order of haddock that was lightly battered with a hint of maple syrup. I have eaten my share of battered fish and this zoomed to the top as my all time favorite. With 2 large pieces of fish and a side of fries, this meal could easily be split. My husband thought the side of beans could have a bit more flavor.
The restaurant was rather small so if possible avoid peak times.
The London Pride beer was excellent.
Our server had personality plus and worked hard to make room for all the customers.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

No point in going into specifics. Other reviewers have done that as well as I could. Suffice to say we agree with everyone who has given B&C their top rating.
Every component, simply excellent.
Plus great service.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018

The selection and quality of the fish was extremely good. We were worried because they don't take reservations and for a party of 4 we were nervous. We went on a Wednesday evening and had no problem. The selection of wine was very limited but the chardoney we had turned out to be quite drinkable. I would recommend this restaurant for a casual fish meal in a pub atmosphere.

Date of visit: October 2018