2,651 results
All reviews the executive lounge rooftop garden outdoor pool train station underground city office building unique hotel hot tub street level hotel is located bit dated bell centre catherine street valet parking old port hilton elevator
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is a hidden gem as you see it but hard to get into it. But once you are there you will be so surprised to find the garden , pool and the convenience.
It is 10 min from old Montreal and Place du Canada.
Love to come back

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MaudeVien, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Thank you for the fantastic review! Come back anytime!

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Accompanied my mum to a conference with my daughter and so far we love this hotel. The hotel restaurant is superb, absolutely delicious food and fairly priced (goat cheese salad starter, linguine primavera - wow so many delicious veggies, and the fettuccine seafood pasta was what we had and my daughter spaghetti with meat sauce). We will go back for more. The staff in the restaurant (2 men in particular) paid so much attention to detail to ensure service was prompt and my toddler was well taken care of. It was refreshing.

The pool is lovely with a stunning garden all around. The gym is large with a great selection of equipment.

Room was very clean and there was nothing to complain about. Hotel architecture is unique, which makes for a nice change. The lobby and seating is very comfortable and welcoming with plenty of space. Nicely done!

Would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back myself.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Many thanks for the top score and nice comments! See you soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

Unusual hotel located on the top few floors of an office building. Built in the 1960s and looks like it. Although the pool is heated to the mid 80s, the air temperature kept me from venturing into it. They try to disguise the fact you are on the top of an office building with pretty lush vegetation. The room was comfortable enough but really not worth the price.

There was only one operational elevator and that created issues when the conference attendees all tried to exit at the same time for conference events outside the hotel. There was also a set of escalators going to the conference rooms that was not working during the entire 4 days we were there. Walking to our room required the use of steps both up and down. It was difficult to navigate with luggage.

The food was better than average for a hotel. The gift shop was very small. The concierge, Virginia, was exceptional! The bellman was also very kind and helpful. Location of hotel was very central to many attractions including the underground city.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank AUdocsgirl

Thank you for your feedback, it helps us improve. I'm glad that you liked our food and that you found our concierge, Virginia, exceptional. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the escalator not working during your conference. We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

I think this hotel has an excellent opportunity to be rated fantastic if only someone would pay more attention to details. The roof top pool and artificial stream complete with trees and ducks is very appealing, but the natural occurring green slim needs to be eradicated from the bottom of the water stream. When they refilled the water the awful smell from the algae continues to permeate the air. All in all the property is laid out for your comfort and enjoyment and gives the feeling of the great outdoors.

My room was nice, but when I moved the alarm clock from the wall I found a mound of dust that was there for my entire stay. My desk chair had something white spilled on it and it was never cleaned off. The dark color rug was OK, but a little more vacuuming would have went a long way.

It is nice to step out of your room into an enjoyable area for food, drinks or just relaxing on the premises. You can even enter the train station without going outdoors. No signs off the elevator pointing to the entrance I just found it by accident. Would I stay here again? That depends on the pricing. I could live with the less than perfect upkeep as long as I'm not paying something I'm not getting. P.S .One problem I forgot to mention is that loud mouth travelers have no problem in disturbing the peace late at night. The sound in the hallway will carry into your room.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank HyacinthtBucket

Thank you for your nice comments about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that your room was dusty and the carpet not well vacuumed. Please be assured that this will be looked into. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed here a few weeks ago and I have no complaints. The hotel is laid out a bit differently than what one might be used to, but don't let that worry you. the room was super clean and spacious with a mini frig and plenty of towels, pillows and blankets. The bar and restaurant were great with man options. A bit pricey to eat at the in hotel restaurant, but that is pretty standard for hotels. It is located centrally to all of downtown and you can get most places if your willing to walk about 20 minutes or so. If not, uber or a taxi can take you. The outdoor water feature throughout the hotel with the ducks is really a cool touch and all the windows open up to the outdoor atrium area that is pretty.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
MaudeVien, General Manager at Hotel Bonaventure Montreal, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Thank you for your compliment about the cleanliness of out rooms, our housekeeping staff take great pride of they work. We hope to see you again soon.