All reviewsmyles clarkrenovated roombeautiful groundsprivate beachlovely walkwalking pathgreat pricefamily runexcellent valueowners and staffgreat place to stayup to datefridge and microwavecomfortable bedsdefinitely stay here againthree nightsvisit pei
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed at this motel last weekend so my husband and his family could bury their father. I cannot express enough how wonderful our stay was! The room was beautiful. My daughter has travelled with the school band on a few different trips to the US and to Halifax and even she said it was the nicest place she has ever stayed. Our walk to the beach in the morning was nice and seeing the fox was a treat for our son who spent the rest of the walk looking for more. We left without making the beds, not expecting anyone to be in but when we got back, our beds were made and fresh towels were in the bathroom. What an amazing treat for a mom of three who has spent the last 18 years always looking after others. We look forward to staying there again some time.

Room Tip: The renovated rooms are beautiful and this winter they will be renovating the last 4 rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Loretta C
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Great spot, took Tripadvisor's advise and checked into the Sunny Isle motel for the past weekend. Met by our host and welcomed to the island nicely! Nice quiet rooms, very,very clean and up to date. Especially nice washroom. Nice breakfast and tips about the area. I would heartilly recommend this hotel any another visiting Summerside PEI>

Room Tip: The garden rooms are away from the road and are very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sgttrucker
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a lovely property and great value for the money. Almost all of the rooms have been completely renovated and the remaining ones that haven't been will be done this winter. Everything is new and clean and the decor is attractive. The motel is situated on a large piece of property that has a nice walking path through a large field and down to the water. The proprietor was very friendly. In off-season there is a continental breakfast provided which was quite convenient. I found the motel on TripAdvisor as being recommended for the value and I second that. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in the garden view area. We found it very quiet; you could not hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Diane N
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We were on a two week road trip of the Maritimes, and had not made reservations in advance. The Lonely Planet tour book I had (April 2007 edition) recommended this motel. It is easy to find, very clean, friendly proprietors ( who gave us excellent advise on where to go and what to see on the island) with beautiful grounds .We walked to the shore along the path out back. It was a great place to start our hoiday!

Room Tip: 'Out back'- no traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary J
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My children and I stayed here at the beginning of a long road trip and have stayed in over 20 other hotels the last 3 months. I only feel it's fair to rate this property and in terms of value and quality relative to other properties we've stayed at in the US and Canada.

Although, our room seemed clean, there was a terrible smell inside it. Opening up the windows did absolutely nothing to help. Also, the bathroom seemed to have been recently remodeled, but the space surrounding the toilet was very cramped and the toilet paper holder was in a very awkward place.

We were checked in efficiently, but the man who checked us in wasn't overally friendly. He seemed really tired and perhaps in poor health?

That said, the next morning the older gentleman (the owner) asked me how my stay was.

He seemed very kind and friendly and I just couldn't bring myself to complain and state how dissatisfied I was with the experience.

The room was really "just ok". The bedding seemed rather old and decore was very dated.

Summerside as a city was unremarkable. The dining options there were slim to none. We ended up having to eat at Subway! Shocking considering the gastronomic delights that awaited us in the rest of PEI.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank lorijessica
Tupp, Owner at Clark's Sunny Isle Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback Lori Ference. I’m disappointed to hear that you were not fully satisfied. The room that you stayed in was in fact recently fully renovated. These Renovations include new custom furniture, mattresses, TVs, leather chairs, granite counters and new tub surround in the bathroom, as well as new flooring, linens, bedding and décor. The feedback we have received regarding our renovated rooms has been overwhelmingly positive. Just wondering if you may be confusing your décor observations with another property, as your stay with us was three months ago on July 29 and you mention staying at over 20 hotels since then. I wish you would have communicated with us immediately regarding any odor in your room as we would have moved you and your children to another room. Our staff is very diligent in ensuring the rooms are clean and our guests are happy. We are a small family operated business and pride ourselves in offering a quality product at a reasonable price, with friendly, courteous service. If any problems are brought to our attention, they are dealt with immediately. As for comparing us to other hotels, we are not trying to compete with 5 star, $200 a night establishments. We are trying to provide very good value and experience. As you noted, at the time of your arrival in July, I was having some health issues which included severe anemia. When you are a business owner, calling in sick is not always an option and I was pressed into service on a couple of occasions during my illness. This was a challenging time for our family and I regret that it negatively impacted on your experience. Normally I provide guests with information on local attractions and dining options upon check-in. While there may not be an abundance of dining options in Summerside, there are several quality restaurants we recommend which are listed in the Visitor’s Guide and on Trip Advisor. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review.
Myles Clark, Owner and Manager