USD 253
USD 238
USD 206
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
USD 172
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
USD 113
Elmwood Heritage Inn(Charlottetown)
USD 191
USD 178
TripAdvisor
All reviewswater slidesloft suiteindoor poolboston pizzamarch breakfree breakfastwaffle makerfront desk staffshopping and restaurantsminute drivebeds were very comfortablenova scotiayogurtdowntown charlottetownpeihockeyupgrades
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Booked a room for 2 nights through Travelzoo and requested a quiet room. Reception was very good and fast but finding the room took awhile. Numerous buildings joined together with numerous dead ends. We did find it though, and it was a newly renovated room, far away from the water slide and lobby. Good size, newer furnishings. Comfy and clean. Little bit of a walk to the lobby where there was a bar and small restaurant. Good breakfast, lots of activity but adequate. Had a cold beer and met a very friendly bartender All in all, a nice stay for a couple nights. I can see where some might be put off if they got an older room.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Keith S, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Hi OptiBill2002, thank you for choosing the Rodd Royalty for your Recent stay in Charlottetown and thank you for sharing your review online. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate all you comments and feedback as we look at ways to better serve our future guests.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

This hotel is near shopping centers and grocery stores which we ended up needing. It's also 12 minutes from downtown Charlottetown. We have enjoyed our stay after we requested firmer beds as the first room had a very soft bed. We were able to open our windows to enjoy fresh air. The hotel is 16 minutes from Brackley Beach.

Stayed: September 2017

Hi Teresa L, we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and truly appreciate you sharing you experience online. Thank you again from the whole team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

We booked ahead with hotels.com for 2 nights stay. We asked specifically for 2 beds and main level with no stairs. The reason was back problems and cancer drug side effects. Upon arrival, no such arrangements had been made. In fact, there was a scramble to find any rooms available. In the end, we were put in a room on the 2nd level at the back of the aging building. We suffered through a lot of walking and a lot of stairs. The hallways were especially dirty and were never vacuumed. The toilet seat was cracked and needed to be changed. I pinched my leg. There was rust where bolts were and under the toilet bowl rim was never cleaned. Brown and ugly there. We don't recommend this costly hotel unless you are desperate.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and hope for the best
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Judie/Herald H
Keith S, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hello Judie & Herald Thank you for your email. My apologies from the whole team for the less than satisfactory experience with us at The Rodd Royalty. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and are truly dedicated to fix this issue to avoid such events in the future.I will be looking into feedback and discussing with our team and would love to discuss personally. Once again our sincere apologies and we hope you will give us an opportunity again. Keith Samuel - General Manager

Reviewed 24 September 2017

Having stayed here a couple of years ago, I was happy to book here again. Due to unforeseen emergency circumstances, I had to stay in PEI for 11 nights. Since I was already here and stressed, I kept on renewing my stay. My sheets were changed only 1 time in those 11 days. I know this, because I placed a piece of paper between my sheets toward the foot of the bed to see if it would be there when I got back to my room.

There were several days when my bed was not made. Not a big deal, as I generally make it myself anyway, but it is something I expect. Some days, my bed was made, but the trash was not removed. Or the trash was removed, but the bed was not made. The lotions and bath washes were replaced midway through the stay, but I never got any more coffee packets after the first morning.

The layout of the hotel was a bit confusing. Last time I must have stayed in a newer part of it; it was just above the front desk area. This time, we had to walk quite a ways from the lobby to get to our room in an old and musty part of the hotel, and carry our very heavy suitcases up 2 flights of stairs. My mother is 72 and I was not happy. I should have asked to change to a different room. We also had no window. One thing we were glad for was the self-serve laundry room.

I will be back on PEI in the future, but I think I will stay in a cottage and save myself some money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Robyn D
Keith S, General Manager at Rodd Royalty, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. My apologies from the whole team for the less than satisfactory experience with us at The Rodd Royalty. Please be assured that we truly appreciate all your feedback as we look at ways to better serve our future guests. Thank you again for your comments, safe travels and we hope you will choose us for your next stay in Charlottetown. Keith Samuel - General Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2017

This room was very clean, but very old. 2 beds in the room. Mirror in hall needed a little windex. Bottled water complementary, but wine is pretty expensive. The restaurant is good. Roof top is great. Lighting in Bathroom is fine, but there is no where to put anything like a toothbrush on the counter. The breakfast included was served and the lady who served it was as fast as she could be.

Room Tip: If you like old places this is for you!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends