The Great George(Charlottetown)
USD 253
  • Pool
The Harbour House(Charlottetown)
USD 172
Quality Inn & Suites(Cornwall)(Great Value!)
USD 113
USD 185
Travelocity
USD 177
TripAdvisor
All reviewsunderground tunnelgrafton streetwithin walking distancepleasant stayhot breakfastfull kitchenyogurtprince edward islanddowntowntheatre
Reviewed 11 August 2015

When we first checked in we were told we had a suite, I did not book a suite, there were only 2 of us? When we were taken to the dungeon, sorry suite, the first thing evident was a large patch of frayed carpet which beautifully enhanced the disgustingly filthy door. The door was equally as dirty on the other side and bought your eyes to the very large dirty patches on the carpet. There was a huge stain on the ceiling just above your head as you walked in.
The bathroom was disgusting and I am serious, there looked like blood stains on the wall by the sink!
The kitchenette (we did not reserve a suite) was dated and as dirty as the rest of the room. The stove was pushed into a corner and there was large burn marks on the wall from the rings. The theme was continued when I found a large black hair on the first eye level shelf of the fridge.
The sitting room and bedroom smelt REALLY bad!
At this point we gathered our belongings and headed back to reception. We were moved to a room in the newer building on the other side of the room which you accessed by a dimly lit tunnel under the road? At this point I could only think of the movie Dead Man Walking.
The room whilst better, still had a dry, used coffee filter in the coffee maker from the previous occupant, was covered with a film of dust, an empty bottle of shampoo on the stand in the bathroom and the remnants of a cleaning product all around the edge of the bath plus the now obligatory large black hair in the bath. On our return to the room after a day out the empty shampoo bottle was still there and we had been left no new cups, coffee or condiments and we had to wait an hour and a half for room service to actually get around to bringing some. Whilst waiting my wife tried to access the wifi but eventually gave up
We had booked for three night but this was really the final straw so we checked out a day early and headed back.
Managers and staff at this hotel should realise that we are paying there wages and they are in the customer service industry. This total lack of professionalism means I will never stay at a Best Western again.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2015

I am sorry for the experience you have written about. This is certainly not how we run our business. I will share this with our entir team to show how this affected you and your feelings about our Brand. What you describe is completely unacceptable.

Reviewed 11 August 2015

The room smells bad with a lot of mushroom in the bathroom. The breakfest was so so with only toast that were good. Not enough fruit. I will never recommend your place at all. Luc Ouimet Ouimetl@videotron.ca

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us. We take all feedback seriously and will use your comments to help us improve.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Don't stay there!! this hotel was dirty and old and noisy. staff was nonchalant about everything and just found exuses for all issues. no problem solvers on this staff. I would stay in a tent before staying at this place again!

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your experience. We try very hard to provide great service so I will share your comments with the team.

Reviewed 8 August 2015 via mobile

We started off our annual PEI vacation with two night( July 23-25)stay in Charlottetown. I had booked a one bedroom suite well in advance through Travelocity. Let me say that I was a bit worried due to several negative reviews of this hotel, my wife is much more critical of cleanliness than I am. We were given room 335 in the old building. The room was absolutely fine. Separate king size bed in separate bed room and the sitting area was very large and roomy. My 16 and 14 year old sons were more than comfortable on the pull out couch and extra cot that we reserved for an extra 10$ a night. The location was very convenient to all downtown attractions and we walked everywhere. The kids enjoyed the pool and the breakfast was satisfactory with plenty of choices. Yes this an older property but Charlottetown is an old city. The value is quite high when you compare the price of the Delta or Holeman. When one vacations in PEI it is prudent to book way ahead. My advice is to book a suite and you will have no issues.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank WLTPF
Wayne C, Assistant General Manager at Charlottetown Inn & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. You have explained our property in a very fair and honest way. Yes we are slightly older; yes Charlottetown is older and historic in feel and yes the prices in "peak" season are slightly higher then other Atlantic Provinces. As you mention the location and the ease to walk around Charlottetown is convenient. Again I thank you for sharing such a detailed and truthful review.

Reviewed 8 August 2015

This hotel offers great service and value for money. It's location offers a 10 minute walk to the downtown and waterfront. The breakfast is very satisfying, and the staff are very accommodating. Parking is adequate and free.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay with us. Many guests agree with you that our downtown location makes it very easy to walk the City. You also make a great point that we offer "FREE" parking for our guests. Along with out free internet and free breakfast it brings value to our rates. I hope you will return to visit us in the near future.