“Yummy”

Cuisines: European, German, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Lovely cafe very centrally located. Lots of terrific menu choices including a daily soup. Great place for breakfast or lunch. I love their cheese sandwich with the soup of the day!

1  Thank Heather S

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

First, beautiful atmosphere. Second, very reasonable prices. Third, (but really what will bring you back over and over) fresh and tasty eats. I could go on and on about the great service, fresh bread and meats, and even the fact I didn't get cold although sitting right across from the front door, but I want to still be able to get a seat when I want lunch.

1  Thank D M
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Husband and I met up with a friend for lunch. Friend and I had met here several months ago for a coffee and cosy chat and I'm very happy to say that my second visit was every bit as pleasant as the first. This restaurant/cafe has a wonderful European feel to it - a comfortable blend of sofas/coffee tables, more formal table seating and some bar stool seating. The staff give a warm welcome and are helpful servers. I had the lunch special of ciabatta with melted brie and leafy side salad. My husband had the smoked salmon bagel (also with leafy side salad) and our friend had the country farmers' vegetable casserole. All excellent. And to be really decadent - we finished up with delicious cream horns - definitely they have pastries to die for. Certainly looking forward to my next visit. (And the ladies' washroom is very clean and well appointed, love wallpaper!)

1  Thank Margaret G
Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My daughter’s GF recommended this place for breaky but we ended up for lunch. My soup was great. Sweet place to go. Thinking I’d go for breakfast next time.

1  Thank uniquebunch
Reviewed 2 November 2017

No wonder this place is such a busy lunch spot. The atmosphere and staff are welcoming and the food is spot-on for brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. It's location which just a couple of blocks from the Confederation Center, is surprising but there is an entrance to the Confederation Mall across Great George St. Over two visits I enjoyed the food and conversation with good friends.

1  Thank Janet F