“Business Dinner”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Queen Street
Description: THE ISLANDS ONLY YEAR-ROUND OYSTER BAR WITH FRESH LOBSTER TANK.Featuring more than just the best available oysters from PEI, the Claddagh Oyster House is a warm, contemporary dining room located within an historic building in downtown Charlottetown.A Constantly changing menu that features the freshest seafood, premium Island beef, chicken, pasta and more - combined with our extensive wine selections are sure to please.THE CLADDAGH OYSTER HOUSE - MORE THAN JUST GREAT OYSTERS!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff was very friendly and the service was very good even though the restaurant was very busy. Excellent selection of seafood dishes

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

The Claddagh house is and excellent combination of bar and pub. The meals are excellent and the Irish Pub has traditional Irish music. It take one back to the old country with fine dining and music.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We need to give a shout-out to the staff at Claddagh Oyster House in Charlottetown, PEI for several reasons.
First, the food and service were simply amazing. Oysters, butternut squash soup (maybe the best ever) and desert…..yummmm.
We had to use a wheelchair due to an accident a few days before. What did Riley and the rest of the staff do to accommodate us up 6-8 steps?? Riley and the bartenders picked up the chair and we were at our table.
Brianne was awesome and her suggestions were spot on! Thank you for making this a memorable dinner.
A memorable dinner and we will be back!!!!! An awesome experience!!!!

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Atmosphere is very good and vibrant. The food was decent, but was disappointed compared to other places and this being no. 1 restaurant in town. The oysters and jerk crab legs were pretty good. The lobster cakes were too flour'y, and the halibut was dry. Also expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This was my best dining experience in PEI. The decor is warm and welcoming. You can feel comfortable bellying up to the bar as we did, having a romantic dinner or dinner with family and friends do at one of the tables. The oysters are fresh and delicious. I got a variety including the local special of the evening. But to me the oysters were not the star of the show. This place served one of the best seafood chowders I've had in a long time. The servers are proud of their chowder and quick to promote its award winning grandeur so I was a little dubious at first, They did not oversell nor did the chowder dissppoint. No potato fillers here, just a gentle and delicious broth that let the fresh scallop, haddock, and mussels shine. I almost ordered another bowl but instead ordered the kale salad, which was good but paled in comparison to my chowder experience. I am usually not big on desserts but since I'd had a relatively light meal decided to share the sticky date pudding. Oh wow. Why did I share? I am sure there are many gems on the menu and can't wait to return to PEI to further explore.