“Exellent”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Neighbourhood: East End
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I love the place. I have been a client for over 6 years and planning to go back this weekend. Enjoy!

Reviewed 2 January 2016

I always loved the food and the friendly staff. They can mess up an order from time to time.......but hey, stuff happens!!!!...LOL

Reviewed 22 September 2015

We've given this place three chances. The first time, we really liked it. Good, tasty dishes, all the major ones, aloo gobi, saag paneer, butter chicken, rice pilao, etc.
Second time, we ordered both a butter naan and a regular naan, with all that stuff (chicken korma instead of butter chicken though). There was so little butter on the butter naan, I couldn't tell which was which. Really? Also, the chicken korma was, well, as sweet as pure granulated sugar. I couldn't stand it actually. Same thing went for the saag paneer. My wife ordered it mild. Instead it was mild and very sweet. Again, the butter naan was indistinguishable from the regular naan -- and they were re-heated in the tandoor, to the point of having a dark black crust on them.. The last time, I wanted to open and check the butter naan before leaving, and he gave me attitude. "Go, go home, if it's not right, just call me, I don't have time for this."

1  Thank PedroDeToronto
Reviewed 19 November 2014

This is very good Indian Food and we have been eating here for years. The owners and the food has remained consistently good. The Vindaloo I would say is their best dish !

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ali's is one of our neighbourhood Indian restaurants. By far the best in my opinion. We don't go nearly as often as I would like but when we do I am always overwhelmed with the choices, quality and most of all the service. Most of the time, I prefer to cook at home but I can tell you that try as I might, it is impossible for me to duplicate the wonderful tastes and aromas of their dishes. We ordered a few dishes to share and all of them were absolutely wonderful. There was more than enough for three while we were only two people. Lunch for the next day as well.This being a long weekend, we had the place to ourselves save for the folks coming in to pickup their takeout orders. If you are in the mood for really good Indian food at a reasonable price and feeling a little adverturous why not give them a try. You will be glad that you did. Come on out to the far east end of Queen Street, less expensive than a flight to India.