“A Great Beaches Gem”

Price range: USD 10 - USD 15
Neighbourhood: East End
Neighbourhood: East End
Reviewed 19 November 2014

This is very good Indian Food and we have been eating here for years. The owners and the food has remained consistently good. The Vindaloo I would say is their best dish !

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Ali's is one of our neighbourhood Indian restaurants. By far the best in my opinion. We don't go nearly as often as I would like but when we do I am always overwhelmed with the choices, quality and most of all the service. Most of the time, I prefer to cook at home but I can tell you that try as I might, it is impossible for me to duplicate the wonderful tastes and aromas of their dishes. We ordered a few dishes to share and all of them were absolutely wonderful. There was more than enough for three while we were only two people. Lunch for the next day as well.This being a long weekend, we had the place to ourselves save for the folks coming in to pickup their takeout orders. If you are in the mood for really good Indian food at a reasonable price and feeling a little adverturous why not give them a try. You will be glad that you did. Come on out to the far east end of Queen Street, less expensive than a flight to India.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

It was further than we'd thought from our hotel so I'm glad we took a taxi. We also arrived quite early, around 7.30pm so we were the first diners that evening. It was the first time in a curry restaurant for my almost-teenage children and they loved it! The food was great, the service was excellent, and there was just nothing bad to say about it. The restaurant was clean and welcoming, the food was freshly cooked and so tasty! Lovely!

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We have been here several times, and always enjoy the friendly service and excellent food! The restaurant is on the sleepy end of the Beach neighborhood, which also makes it a plus.

Reviewed 12 October 2012

My friend and I just tried out this restaurant and we were pleasantly surprised. We shared the chicken afghani and shrimp tikka. Both dishes were excellent and came with a delicious salad, rice and naan (my friend exchanged her naan for pappadams). I had been warned that the dishes might be hotter than requested, but I did not find that to be so. We had requested medium heat and actually got less than that. However the taste was so delicious, we did not mind. I ordered take-out for my husband as well and he said the heat level was fine (hot!). The prices are reasonable and the specials are super-reasonable!! Go there...you won't be disappointed!!