“Yes!”

Ranked #1,219 of 9,388 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Small owner operated joint that cares.

The posted menu was slightly interesting, but the daily special menu was awesome.

They were busy so things were hectic, but I think that is part of the vibe.

We ordered and the chef came from the kitchen to apologize that they were fresh out of the sweatbreads, so calamari it was. And duck breast. Yum.

We will return.

We will return.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Husband and I walk by Corktown Kitchen regularly en route to nearby dog park, and finally checked it out last night. We expected a great meal based on the creative menu, but we were blown away. I had the special - black cod with rice noodles in a beautiful broth with mixed wild mushrooms, green onions, which came with two sides of special soy and something hotter should I want it spicy. So many beautiful flavours. One of the best fish dishes of my life.

Started with truffle and cheese stuffed spring rolls - also a special of the night. (I'm not selling it well with the description), but those were scrumptious, as were smoked chicken wings ordered by hubby, who couldn't get enough of the smoke chicken wings, so ordered the smoked chicken poutine as a main.

I am not a big fan of poutine, but HOLY! This poutine turned me. Such beautiful flavours.

Shared a bottle of lovely Pinot Grigio.

Great service. Clearly, this is a place FOR foodies, COOKED and served by foodies.

Oh! One more important thing. Great value for the quality and portions.

My only regret? Waiting so long to check this place out. Looking forward to eating our way through the menu this year.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We went last night, and have visited before as they are quite local to us.

I had the seafood soup which was jam packed with morsels, very tasty and, quite frankly, could have been a meal all by itself.

The lamb sirloin was cooked to perfection.

My partner had the steak and mushroom Shepherd's Pie which was packed with ingredients.

As I said the portions were more than ample and certainly value for money.

This will continue to be on our regular dining list.

The only drawback is the TV which had a sports programme on, which I think could be turned off, unless there are special events which would then attract a certain type of sports fan

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Cold and wet, we stumbled upon this gem of a restaurant. Having walked up from Cirque and still reeling from seeing a woman hang from her hair we were hoping for good food and a good time. What we got was great food and an amazing time. Every dish was distinct and plated perfectly. The wait staff fell all over us and a made us welcome. The room was cozy, warm and filled with laughter. What a great experience, what fantastic food. We live well outside of the city but this is now our "go to" when we visit.
Our party of four were all happier for having found this jewel.

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

Food is good, service is good. We found that the regular menu items were better than the specials. Atmospheric, and located pretty centrally in downtown Toronto. Good place to go after seeing the distillery