“Great Dragon Sushi Rolls”

Aji Sai Plus Resto Lounge
Ranked #3,404 of 9,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 November 2016

For many months my husband and daughter have encouraged me to check out Aji Sai Japanese Restaurant located a few blocks south of Yonge and Bloor. It is a great place to sample a wide variety of menu options with friends or family including soups, salads, rice, sushi, vegetable / fish / meat dishes and dessert items. We paid $14.99 per person for the all-you-can eat lunch and rather than the typical buffet stations we were able to order from a tablet at our table, have items delivered fresh, service wass quick and empty plates were removed often. We were a bit overzealous with our initial order so I would suggest ordering a few items at a time as the table can fill up very quickly. As highlighted in the photos each dish is visually appealing and provides a small sample so you can then reorder your favorites. Ensure that you do not over-order as you can be charged for any wasted food. My personal favorite was the dragon roll sushi and they will be the first item I order on my next visit.

Reviewed 28 November 2016 via mobile

well, where should I start..
The place is half empty. Interior a bit dirty, sticky tables, feels neglected.
50 minutes waiting for food to come. We were waiting 20 min just to get the menu, but gave up and got one by ourselves.
About half the orders were never brought, asked for ginger/ Wasabi but gave up after fifth time asking.
After third attempt we got some tea, but that was pure luck.
Food was mideocre, far from normal sushi place.
In general, unpleasant experience.
Would not recommend anyone to come near this place.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

Reviewed 21 October 2016

A friend recommended this place for the all-u-can eat sushi for $ 22. Came after work on the Blue Jays last game of the ALCS. I wanted oysters and this place serves plump ones for $ 1 each Monday to Wednesday. A little resistance that we were not both eating the AYCE sushi but they relented. You order your AYCE through a very colourful display of menu items on a large I-Pad. Poetic licence because some of the items received did not look at all like the pictures!. But, of course you say!
The menu items include grilled/deep fried items, sushi, noodles, sashimi, rolls, soups, salads, appetizers and desserts. My friend had a variety and loved it. He said the fish was fresh and tasty. I noted the fish was not lost in swathes of rice. I was happy with my Fanny Bay oysters. Malpeques are your other choice. Service was good and food was received shortly after it was ordered.
My only issue was that as I sat alongside the TV I could see that the door at the end of the bar leading to the alleyway had been pried open. Then the large garbage bin was opened and dragged into the adjoining room leading to a terrible stench wafting into the restaurant. This is a fish restaurant so CLOSE the door leading to the restaurant so we don't smell the garbage......

Reviewed 26 September 2016

The header is pretty much self-explanatory.

This AYCE place is slightly cheaper (by about 2 dollars per person).
Modern iPad ordering suggests somewhat upscale food and service, so first disappointment was that it took almost 30 minutes to get the first batch of stuff, but much worse was that all dishes including rolls, salads and sushi were mediocre to say the least. Har Gao was actually worse than the one you can buy frozen from any Asian food store - this says a lot.

Service is actually worse than the food. We had to order same dish twice as it seemed that the order was lost despite the iPads, but even after second time we had to ask the server to double check.

Interesting that the area is full of restaurants of various kinds including sushi places, but the competition does not seem to motivate Aji Sai. If you happen to visit Yonge/Bloor and looking for sushi there's better restaurant just around the cornder called "Wow".

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Good food nice selection but really really bad service. Prepare to wait for her long time. Once she is there she isn't listening she is in a hurry. On another hand she is alone fir entire place.
Not a good idea.
Good food once you get it
Prepare for noise of plates falling arranging etc. she didn't care that place is full of people that do not want to listen her noise.
Not a good service.