Review of Rossini

Reserve with OpenTable
Rossini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,776 of 9,043 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: USD 30 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North York
Cross street: Avenue Raod / Wilson Avenue
Description: Celebrating over 40 years, Rossini Restaurant continues to be a perfect setting for special occasions, romantic dinners and nights out with family and friends. Tables beautifully set with white linens exude elegance and yet the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable enough for a weekday dinner or early Saturday night meal. The Italian Chef"s passion for fine dining is revealed in the specialty dishes, Lobster Gnocchi and unforgettable Lasagna. Choose from Traditional dishes on the menu or modern dishes from the specials. The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. During the summer season, relax on the patio for dinner and finish it off with homemade Tiramisu and an espresso coffee. Enjoy Rossini at home or in the office with take-out and catering services. Come share our Italian Passion for Fine Dining.
Reviewed 3 August 2017

We had not been here in over 20 years and had fond memories of this Italian restaurant.The restaurant is clean and beautiful and our waiter was very pleasant.The bruschetta was very tasty but it went downhill after that. My husband could not eat his minestrone soup which had way too much salt in it. Our main dishes of veal and chicken parmesan were also made with so much salt that we could not eat our food. The chicken and veal dishes looked terrible and reminded me of a TV frozen meal. This restaurant needs a new chef. Hire someone that knows how to make real Italian meals. The place was empty and we will not be returning here again.

1  Thank ChocolateKisses1

Reviewed 2 August 2017

I sure don't agree with gsxr's long review. Why didn't he send the food back if it was that bad?? This was my first visit to Rossini for lunch and the food and service was excellent. I asked that the volume of the music be turned down a bit - no problem. Had the Filet of Sole, which I really enjoyed, very tasty, even the vegetables were spiced nicely as I find them often to be quite bland. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stopped in for dinner one night and the service was exceptional and the food was good. This place hasn't changed much in over 30 years other than relocations upstairs form their original downstairs location.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were at Rossini for dinner. The meal and service was good and the prices were reasonable. This is not gourmet Italian food and the prices reflected this. The pasta dish was tasty; the fish, according the person who had it was very good. I suggest this place as a good neighbourhood Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We were visiting via groupon and figured it was a good way to try this Italian restaurant. It would be smart for restaurants to do their best to make sure we would come back without the groupon. This is NOT the case.0

With Groupon you are given very very limited choices of food.
Presentation is 1 out of 5. Eg. Their bruschetta appetizer is just 2 small pieces on a plate (LOL!!!). Forget the smallish size, but it's just 2 pieces lying on a plate

Risotto was swimming in oil(litterally). My wife ate a little bit, felt sick and gave up. Eventually her stomach felt very bad and she was sure it because of massive amounts of oil. It tasted bland and nothing like a real risotto from reputable restaurants. No presentation again. Just a big plate with the risotto porridge...

Veil meal with vermicelli was bad as well. I was very hungry but gave up less than half way through. There was water the plate from the vermicelli. Everything was covered in tomato paste. Everything tasted bad. Breaded veal cutlet(which looked exactly like a shoe insole...) was hard and not appetizing. I am honestly can say I had better food from those frozen tv dinners you buy for $1.99. This meal isn't even worth that! Cheapest ingredients were used to create this meal.

After the dinner I was apologizing to my wife for 3 hours for the horrible experience.

This is NOT a fine dining place. This is NOT a fine dining food. In fact, some of the worst food I had. And unfortunately it was not worth the $45 we paid.
I am not sure who and why would pay full prices. Now, MAYBE(maybe) they do better job and just do this for groupon people. I don't know.
I feel like I lost $45 and I never had these feelings. It was one of the worst experiences!

The cook should be fired and restaurants should find a real cook. I am not sure if the cook is Italian. Waiters are from India so it may be that the cook is from India as well and perhaps that is why he/she can't cook Italian dishes. Regardless, the cook absolutely cannot cook. I would nominate this place for Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" tv show.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again would we come back.

PS. restaurant was empty when we were there. So that says a lot. At ~ 7:30pm most good places are full. However it was empty and that's never a good sign.

3  Thank gsxr