“Back after a long break”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,909 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: USD 30 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North York
Cross street: Avenue Raod / Wilson Avenue
Description: Celebrating over 40 years, Rossini Restaurant continues to be a perfect setting for special occasions, romantic dinners and nights out with family and friends. Tables beautifully set with white linens exude elegance and yet the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable enough for a weekday dinner or early Saturday night meal. The Italian Chef"s passion for fine dining is revealed in the specialty dishes, Lobster Gnocchi and unforgettable Lasagna. Choose from Traditional dishes on the menu or modern dishes from the specials. The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. During the summer season, relax on the patio for dinner and finish it off with homemade Tiramisu and an espresso coffee. Enjoy Rossini at home or in the office with take-out and catering services. Come share our Italian Passion for Fine Dining.
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Stopped in for dinner one night and the service was exceptional and the food was good. This place hasn't changed much in over 30 years other than relocations upstairs form their original downstairs location.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We were at Rossini for dinner. The meal and service was good and the prices were reasonable. This is not gourmet Italian food and the prices reflected this. The pasta dish was tasty; the fish, according the person who had it was very good. I suggest this place as a good neighbourhood Italian restaurant.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

We were visiting via groupon and figured it was a good way to try this Italian restaurant. It would be smart for restaurants to do their best to make sure we would come back without the groupon. This is NOT the case.0

With Groupon you are given very very limited choices of food.
Presentation is 1 out of 5. Eg. Their bruschetta appetizer is just 2 small pieces on a plate (LOL!!!). Forget the smallish size, but it's just 2 pieces lying on a plate

Risotto was swimming in oil(litterally). My wife ate a little bit, felt sick and gave up. Eventually her stomach felt very bad and she was sure it because of massive amounts of oil. It tasted bland and nothing like a real risotto from reputable restaurants. No presentation again. Just a big plate with the risotto porridge...

Veil meal with vermicelli was bad as well. I was very hungry but gave up less than half way through. There was water the plate from the vermicelli. Everything was covered in tomato paste. Everything tasted bad. Breaded veal cutlet(which looked exactly like a shoe insole...) was hard and not appetizing. I am honestly can say I had better food from those frozen tv dinners you buy for $1.99. This meal isn't even worth that! Cheapest ingredients were used to create this meal.

After the dinner I was apologizing to my wife for 3 hours for the horrible experience.

This is NOT a fine dining place. This is NOT a fine dining food. In fact, some of the worst food I had. And unfortunately it was not worth the $45 we paid.
I am not sure who and why would pay full prices. Now, MAYBE(maybe) they do better job and just do this for groupon people. I don't know.
I feel like I lost $45 and I never had these feelings. It was one of the worst experiences!

The cook should be fired and restaurants should find a real cook. I am not sure if the cook is Italian. Waiters are from India so it may be that the cook is from India as well and perhaps that is why he/she can't cook Italian dishes. Regardless, the cook absolutely cannot cook. I would nominate this place for Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" tv show.

NEVER NEVER NEVER again would we come back.

PS. restaurant was empty when we were there. So that says a lot. At ~ 7:30pm most good places are full. However it was empty and that's never a good sign.

2  Thank gsxr
Reviewed 16 May 2017

As per my review on Yelp:

First time trying this restaurant for Mother's Day lunch.

This restaurant is a hidden gem, its located the second floor and I was pleasantly surprised by the attentiveness and friendliness of our server.

Food was surprisingly tasty! I ordered the Squash and Scallop Risotto - it was delicious and not overwhelming in flavour. It tasted fresh and cooked just right. My parents shared the Surf and Turf, the steak was cooked to their liking and had no complaints. The rest of my family enjoyed their meal as well, the server was accommodating with my niece who is 7 years old. The server said he would be able to accommodate her with whatever she would like on the menu in a smaller portion, which was very kind. At the end of our meal, we ordered the crepes with gelato to share - we were all very full as Italian food for lunch can be quite filling. The server was so nice, he split the crepes into 6 pieces so we could all share.

Overall, food was quite good; there is a decent selection of drinks including cocktails, beer and wine as well. The atmosphere was classy but not too formal. It was a nice experience and I would recommend this place. You can also make reservations on OpenTable which makes it a lot easier as well - there is free parking available at the back of the restaurant otherwise there is paid street parking as well.

Thank you Rossini for making our Mother's Day lunch a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 8 April 2017

I chose this restaurant for the location, as it was convenient for everyone to get to. And it's been here for as long as I can remember. When we arrived on a Tuesday evening at 7:15 PM there was one waiter working and one group of people sitting at a table. We sat down and felt comfortable, but the empty place said to me we were about to be disappointed. The ambience was very nice. White linen table clothes, comfortable seating, nice decor, quiet music in the background. Unfortunately the food was so-so. I had a caesar salad, veal parmigiana, and a side of spaghetti with tomato sauce. Very ordinary. The meat was tough. Unexceptional. I asked for decaf coffee and apple crumble cake for dessert. They didn't have any on hand. So I just had a cappuccino which was o.k. My friends had a better time of it and we enjoyed our visit. I would go back again but avoid the veal for the chicken instead.

1  Thank bwod010253