“Get-together with old friends”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,961 of 8,947 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: USD 30 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North York
Cross street: Avenue Raod / Wilson Avenue
Description: Celebrating over 40 years, Rossini Restaurant continues to be a perfect setting for special occasions, romantic dinners and nights out with family and friends. Tables beautifully set with white linens exude elegance and yet the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable enough for a weekday dinner or early Saturday night meal. The Italian Chef"s passion for fine dining is revealed in the specialty dishes, Lobster Gnocchi and unforgettable Lasagna. Choose from Traditional dishes on the menu or modern dishes from the specials. The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. During the summer season, relax on the patio for dinner and finish it off with homemade Tiramisu and an espresso coffee. Enjoy Rossini at home or in the office with take-out and catering services. Come share our Italian Passion for Fine Dining.
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I chose this restaurant for the location, as it was convenient for everyone to get to. And it's been here for as long as I can remember. When we arrived on a Tuesday evening at 7:15 PM there was one waiter working and one group of people sitting at a table. We sat down and felt comfortable, but the empty place said to me we were about to be disappointed. The ambience was very nice. White linen table clothes, comfortable seating, nice decor, quiet music in the background. Unfortunately the food was so-so. I had a caesar salad, veal parmigiana, and a side of spaghetti with tomato sauce. Very ordinary. The meat was tough. Unexceptional. I asked for decaf coffee and apple crumble cake for dessert. They didn't have any on hand. So I just had a cappuccino which was o.k. My friends had a better time of it and we enjoyed our visit. I would go back again but avoid the veal for the chicken instead.

1  Thank bwod010253

Reviewed 5 April 2017

Good quality Italian food for decent price and a good wine selection. Recently renovated and has now been moved to the 2nd floor.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

Here for lunch. Service was great, ambiance is quite pleasant, about 75% full.
Food is old school Italian - comfort food and reasonably priced

Reviewed 4 December 2016

I have lived in North York my whole life and passed Rossini's thousands of times. Thought we should try it. Mistake. Food was just OK. Service? Waiter spilled an entire glass of water on one of our companions and threw a few napkins at us. Decor was dated even though it was just redone. The restaurant should have given us our coffee and desert gratis (one for the 4 of us) but not only did not but when I handed the waiter my American Express card, he said they wouldn't take it. All in all, we won't be back.

1  Thank Gerry S
Reviewed 14 October 2016

We have been going to this restaurant for two decades, and it continues to be my favorite. The restaurant has moved upstairs, following a complete upgrade. The 'new' restaurant is modern, bright and very comfortable. The menu has also undergone some positive changes. My favorites continue to be part of the menu (oso buco). The wine list has something for every palate. The service is excellent and the waiters will gladly provide input to the menu items and the wine list. We certainly will continue to frequent this restaurant.