“Not Memorable”
Review of Rossini

Rossini
Reserve with OpenTable
Rossini is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,843 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: USD 30 - USD 31
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: North York
Cross street: Avenue Raod / Wilson Avenue
Description: Celebrating over 40 years, Rossini Restaurant continues to be a perfect setting for special occasions, romantic dinners and nights out with family and friends. Tables beautifully set with white linens exude elegance and yet the atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable enough for a weekday dinner or early Saturday night meal. The Italian Chef"s passion for fine dining is revealed in the specialty dishes, Lobster Gnocchi and unforgettable Lasagna. Choose from Traditional dishes on the menu or modern dishes from the specials. The three private party rooms together with well priced prix-fixe menus make any event memorable. During the summer season, relax on the patio for dinner and finish it off with homemade Tiramisu and an espresso coffee. Enjoy Rossini at home or in the office with take-out and catering services. Come share our Italian Passion for Fine Dining.
Reviewed 4 December 2016

I have lived in North York my whole life and passed Rossini's thousands of times. Thought we should try it. Mistake. Food was just OK. Service? Waiter spilled an entire glass of water on one of our companions and threw a few napkins at us. Decor was dated even though it was just redone. The restaurant should have given us our coffee and desert gratis (one for the 4 of us) but not only did not but when I handed the waiter my American Express card, he said they wouldn't take it. All in all, we won't be back.

1  Thank Gerry S

Reviewed 14 October 2016

We have been going to this restaurant for two decades, and it continues to be my favorite. The restaurant has moved upstairs, following a complete upgrade. The 'new' restaurant is modern, bright and very comfortable. The menu has also undergone some positive changes. My favorites continue to be part of the menu (oso buco). The wine list has something for every palate. The service is excellent and the waiters will gladly provide input to the menu items and the wine list. We certainly will continue to frequent this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We went during the week 5 of us. It was empty , we live in the neighbourhood so we decided to give it a try . The type of food is kind of "comfort food " nothing spectacular but o.k . I ask for a Tiramisu as soon as it arrive front of me there was a very strong bad smell to it , I decided to give it a try I couldn't believe it was the Tiramisu . Well it was rotten and was probably sitting somewhere for a long time . Now the waiter come and realize how bad this was and come back to show me a new batch of Tiramisu in the original container! My question to the restauarant is why was I serve a rotten dessert they definitely knew that was a long past dessert why would you serve this to anyone !!!???

1  Thank claudinewebster
Reviewed 25 April 2016

This restaurant has been around for almost 50 years and appeals to locals who appreciate being able to walk to and from dinner or the free on-site parking. The food is mediocre and priced high for the quality. Better options in the neighbourhood these days. Definitely not a destination choice.

1  Thank Indigofellow
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Let me say first, the food here is and has always been superb. I discovered this little restaurant in 1970, I'm probably his oldest customer, and over the years I have watched it grow from a tiny pizzeria to a 3 floor restaurant. Unfortunatly his prices have expanded as well. Today he seems to cater to the "American Express " crowd instead of the "just want to go out to dinner" crowd. I have to agree with one of the reviews about the portions, getting smaller, and the price is getting higher. The last time we were there, even though the owner greeted us by name and seated us at a table in the middle of the restaurant, much to the dismay of the Maitre d' , (we did not have a reservation) I couldn't help but feel we were a little underdressed. It wasn't until Pasquale sat down at our table and ordered two after dinner drinks for us that the Maitr d' might have realized his hasty mistake. Not really sure if I will return.