“Very disappointing meal”

Canyon Creek Front Street
Reserve with OpenTable
Canyon Creek Front Street is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #177 of 9,439 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: York Street
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were out for a Mirvish theatre night, and like to try a new restaurant with every play, my suggestion was Canyon Creek this time. I had not been here in a long time and had good memories of my last visit. Unfortunately, this was not a repeat. The service was painfully slow, I asked for coffee twice, finally had to leave before the refill, asked several times for the bill, and we did explain to the server that we had a theatre date. Seemed not to matter. I ordered the trout, very thin sad filet with sweet potato/caper/cranberry concoction, which was bland and stone cold. The bread was good on the one bright note. I paid $50 (only because at this point, service so slow, we were rushed to get out of there I did not have time to wait for my change) for the small piece of fish, sweet potato, coffee and a one glass of generic sparkling water. VERY over priced for the quality and service I received. I will not be returning. Too bad....

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My daughter and I were spending a few days in Toronto just recently to catch a hockey game and enjoy the sights. On our last night, we were spent and wanted to dine somewhere close to the hotel and we decided on Canyon Creek. It was packed and a bit loud, atleast for a Thursday evening but the hostess found us a table with a less than five minute wait. Our waitress (Yasmine) was awesome. She was great with recommendations and just fun to chat with. My daughter and I both chose the $40 menu where you chose a salad, entrée and dessert, granted less choices than the main menu but they had two different steaks, prime rib and if I remember correctly...both a chicken and seafood dish. We both had salads, streaks and she had a crème brule and I had a cheese cake. Wow!! The salads were very fresh and very tasty. Our steaks were cooked perfectly and our baked potatoes were awesome. The same was true for both of our desserts and oh by the way, our Moscow Mules were strong. I will say for 40 Canadian Dollars each, this was a "hat trick"! I figured I would use some hockey vernacular here ..... I don't think you could go wrong going here for a great meal at a fair price.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Great place for fine dining before the big game or nice show. Servers are polite and attentive to all your needs. Food was prepared expertly and on time. Delicious choices from salads to seafood to steaks all cooked to perfection. I had Chicken Caesar salad, nice portion size and chicken breast was tender and moist and extremely tasty.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

This place is great for a romantic setting but also great to do work lunches or have a drink at the bar. Nicely tucked away on Front street and easy to get too, it has always been a favourite of mine. The servers and service are always top notch.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Great sliders, good beer. Convenient to the Convention Center. Easy walk to Union Station. Choice of bar or dining room.