All reviews small hotel gift bag welcome bag ryerson university breakfast wrap yonge street ronald mcdonald house building next door keurig coffee maker complimentary breakfast laminate floors apartment building welcome package great hotel on arrival rainfall shower head boutique hotel
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I had an amazing experience when I stayed in this hotel early January 2018.

First of all, the people working at reception are fantastic. They accommodated all of our requests and were always friendly. We called ahead to ask if we could check in early, and they said they could make no promises but when we arrived 2 hours ahead of our scheduled check in, our room was ready. They also kept hold of our bags for us after check out as we had a few hours to kill before our train ride.

They had a coffee machine in the lobby that made decent cappuccinos and Keurig machines in the rooms. The voucher for breakfast was great. Of course, the breakfast wasn't a 5-star breakfast but it was great considering it was free.

The location is AMAZING. It is walking distance from a lot of great activities.. particularly there is a phenomenal ramen place that is walking distance.

The rooms were clean and had neutrogena products in the bathrooms which i thought was a nice little bonus. The only semi negative comment I have is that the beds were a little bit tough, and the blanket was rough. But, it wasn't unbearable and everything else was so great that it didn't really matter.

Overall, I was thrilled with my stay at this hotel and will definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank martiniello
Loujayna E, General Manager at The Saint James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a positive review following your recent stay. We are delighted that your overall experience was an amazing one! It makes us so happy to know that you enjoyed the accommodations and central location. Thank you very much for the kind words on the staff service you received. I will be sure to share your wonderful review with the entire team. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Toronto. Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This hotel is central and conveniently located near many restaurants and transit.
Check in was fast and friendly. Parking was next door and a 10 min walk back. Room was nicely renovated and clean. Very quit till the sirens start.... 5-6 times in the night.
Check out was smooth. Breakfast was included by the private on site restaurant. 25 min wait for breakfast wrap!!!!
All in the place was clean, reasonably priced and conveniently located. I would return.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rbkbwick

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent experience at the Saint James Hotel. We are walking distance to attractions, theatres, museums, the Eaton Centre and so much more. It makes us happy to hear you enjoyed the central location and accommodations. Thank you for the great comments on the staff service. I will be sure to share your kind words with the team. We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

After a cancelled flight on January 1st, a company suggested by the airline (as they had run out of vouchers) made a reservation for me at this hotel. When I arrived, it was after 11pm so the door was locked. After numerous attempts to ring the buzzer and call the hotel, I was finally able to get out of the cold when guests of the hotel entered.

There was no money at the front seat and I waited in the lobby at least 30 minutes debating given how late it was if I should call a cab and find another hotel. The receptionist returned with a few "guests" in tow.

The room was very clean and spacious for the few hours I spent there before catching an early flight the next morning.

I was awoken around 3am by loud noises in the hallway. The three guests who I had seen ealier when checking in were running in the halls yelling and said they were friends of the receptionist.

The receptionist apologized for his friends' behaviour when I mentioned it the next morning. I was willing to let this all go until I received a second charge on my visa.

When I called to inquire why I was charged a second time a week after staying there, I was told the rate was higher than why I paid since I was sent by Porter. I was not sent directly by Porter as they had run out of vouchers and I would only be reimbursed for the actual receipts I submitted the next day- which would exclude this extra charge on my visa.

For a stress free stay, I would not suggest staying at this hotel. I was shocked by the lack of professionalism.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
7  Thank Lauren S
Loujayna E, General Manager at The Saint James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay. Please allow me to apologize for your experience and the inconvenience this caused. Please know that your comments will be addressed. I checked your hotel bill and the extra charge was refunded a few days ago. I am very sorry for the misunderstanding. I really appreciate your feedback as it provides us with an opportunity to improve. It is our hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2018

this is a small hotel in the middle of the city. the rooms are great and clean and on arrival we received a breakfast voucher for the eatery in the lobby.
Staff was really friendly and coffee and tea service is provided.
Even a microwave was in the room.
But best is the value for money as this hotel is perfectly located and not that massive only negative I can come up with is that the breakfast is maybe too healthy for kids. Meaning that the type of food they serve is not for small children maybe a scrambled egg and toast could be added or just toast an jam.

Room Tip: It is a relative small hotel in middle of the city no real views besides the streets surrounding
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Ton W

Thank you so much for the wonderful review and great comments on the staff service and accommodations. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the central location of the hotel which is walking distance to the Eaton Centre, museums, restaurants, attractions, College and Dundas Subway stations and so much more. I have shared your suggestions on the breakfast with the Freshii Manager. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Toronto. Sincerely, General Manager

Reviewed 4 January 2018

this place has dark hallways and dirty floors, the breakfast was a joke from the weird restaurant in the lobby where the staff was rude...the front desk people were nice but there is no way this hotel should be in the top 20 in Toronto

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank SeanTravelz

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are sorry to hear about your recent experience. I will be sharing your feedback with the management team. We appreciate your comments as it provides us with an opportunity to better improve our facilities and services. It is our hope that you will give us another chance. Sincerely, General Manager