“Excellent on every level”
Review of Bravi Ristorante

Bravi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bravi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,168 of 8,897 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge Street
Transit: Steps from both King Street and Union Station subway stops
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful find! This Tuscany inspired restaurant has an inviting feel to it. We arrived a bit before our reservation and had some drinks at the bar. Our waitress was very pleasant and made us feel welcome. The food is top notch. If you enjoy Italian you will not be disappointed and the risotto with figs and cranberry was the best I've had. There aren't any negatives only positives. It's also perfectly located if you have a show at the Sony Centre as we did. We will definitely return. 5 stars all around.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Had lunch here with a friend. I had no expectations so I can say this place is acceptable to good. Lovely room, lots of brick, white table cloths, tables nicely spaced. I lije when wine figures prominently in the decor. We were seated promptly by a pleasant hostess. Before we had time to scan the menu, water arrived along with a basket of so so bread, lots of very good olives and good quality olive oil for dipping. The menu is short and features the usual appetizers, several pastas, some fish and meat. There were also a couple of specials....but after describing the specials, we had to ask the price. This is annoying and very bad! Overall, we found the prices more in line with dinner time prices than lunch. OK wine list, not much available by the glass. We both chose pastas and though good, very small portions, especially the squash raviolli. Service through out was fine, attentive without being annoying. My friend picked up the tab so I dob't know the final bill but I think, for what we had, it was too much. But we really bad a pleasant time....must have been the atmosphere and our company.

Reviewed 21 November 2016

Attended with a group of seven and each of us enjoyed our meals. Service was a little spotty but overall acceptable. Had the short rib risotto. Very hearty and delicious. My wife had the Cornish Hen, large portion but slight over cooked wine list was extensive but several items I inquired about were not available.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I planned a surprise outing for a show that evening at Sony Centre. I was looking for a restaurant close by that was quiet but had delicious fare. Found this restaurant online and had a great time that evening which was perfect for our pre show dinner.

The reservation was easy to make online. The restaurant interior is warm and inviting. That evening on Friday night there were not too many people inside the restaurant but I don't like crowded mainstream spots so it was just right for us.

The hostess & staff were friendly throughout our meal. They were kind enough to give us a table in an enclave that is surrounded by two glass walls of wine racks and artwork. Very romantic for a cozy spot for two or four. There is only one of these enclave table spots in this restaurant as the rest of the restaurant is open seating with tables. For a romantic night out what a treat for us that they seated us here and we loved it!

I picked this restaurant because it was a three minute walk to the show we were seeing but also wanted to try Tuscan Italian food since we may not have a chance to go to Tuscany for a while.

The food here for appetizers is fine dining portions. The plating of the dishes is amazing. Artistic for sure and they plated out appetizers & dessert beautifully. These dishes were delicious but what was the show stopper were the entrees.

I had the spaghetti carbonara which was delicious with the guanciale Italian pork bacon. It arrives with the raw egg yolk on top so fair warning if you are queasy about runny eggs you stir it all in with the cheese & bacon sauce and it is a HOT temperature dish so the egg gets cooked in the sauce. Delicious!!

I read Tuscan cuisine showcases meat so we felt we had to order the short rib risotto. It is really soo delicious. It is a must order if you stop by this restaurant as the meat is braised so tenderly and the rich delicious flavour of the sauce for the risotto is amazing.

We would return just to order the risotto again & for the cozy atmosphere and service.

The prices here are a bit more expensive but for a romantic night out I feel this was more worth it as a special night for us. If I could give 4.5 blobs for this review I would! This turned out to be a hidden gem on Wellington Street than the more flashy or run of the mill restaurants all along Front Street.

1  Thank Whereheart_wanders
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I have lived nearby this restaurant for years and finally tried it. My loss, should not have waited so long. My dinner was equal to the best that I had on a recent visit to Italy. The menu covers all the basics from salad to dessert. Table service starts with a basket of fresh warm bread, excellent olives and of course oil/vinegar for dipping the bread. I most especially enjoyed the short rib rissoto. I received a bowl of perfectly cooked rice covered with slow-cooked delicious boneless meat. The wine list even included a superb amarone by the glass.

1  Thank LarryB19451130