“reasonable dining experience”
Review of Bravi Ristorante

Bravi Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Bravi Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #755 of 9,043 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge Street
Transit: Steps from both King Street and Union Station subway stops
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Attended with a group of seven and each of us enjoyed our meals. Service was a little spotty but overall acceptable. Had the short rib risotto. Very hearty and delicious. My wife had the Cornish Hen, large portion but slight over cooked wine list was extensive but several items I inquired about were not available.

Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

I planned a surprise outing for a show that evening at Sony Centre. I was looking for a restaurant close by that was quiet but had delicious fare. Found this restaurant online and had a great time that evening which was perfect for our pre show dinner.

The reservation was easy to make online. The restaurant interior is warm and inviting. That evening on Friday night there were not too many people inside the restaurant but I don't like crowded mainstream spots so it was just right for us.

The hostess & staff were friendly throughout our meal. They were kind enough to give us a table in an enclave that is surrounded by two glass walls of wine racks and artwork. Very romantic for a cozy spot for two or four. There is only one of these enclave table spots in this restaurant as the rest of the restaurant is open seating with tables. For a romantic night out what a treat for us that they seated us here and we loved it!

I picked this restaurant because it was a three minute walk to the show we were seeing but also wanted to try Tuscan Italian food since we may not have a chance to go to Tuscany for a while.

The food here for appetizers is fine dining portions. The plating of the dishes is amazing. Artistic for sure and they plated out appetizers & dessert beautifully. These dishes were delicious but what was the show stopper were the entrees.

I had the spaghetti carbonara which was delicious with the guanciale Italian pork bacon. It arrives with the raw egg yolk on top so fair warning if you are queasy about runny eggs you stir it all in with the cheese & bacon sauce and it is a HOT temperature dish so the egg gets cooked in the sauce. Delicious!!

I read Tuscan cuisine showcases meat so we felt we had to order the short rib risotto. It is really soo delicious. It is a must order if you stop by this restaurant as the meat is braised so tenderly and the rich delicious flavour of the sauce for the risotto is amazing.

We would return just to order the risotto again & for the cozy atmosphere and service.

The prices here are a bit more expensive but for a romantic night out I feel this was more worth it as a special night for us. If I could give 4.5 blobs for this review I would! This turned out to be a hidden gem on Wellington Street than the more flashy or run of the mill restaurants all along Front Street.

1  Thank Whereheart_wanders
Reviewed 1 July 2016

I have lived nearby this restaurant for years and finally tried it. My loss, should not have waited so long. My dinner was equal to the best that I had on a recent visit to Italy. The menu covers all the basics from salad to dessert. Table service starts with a basket of fresh warm bread, excellent olives and of course oil/vinegar for dipping the bread. I most especially enjoyed the short rib rissoto. I received a bowl of perfectly cooked rice covered with slow-cooked delicious boneless meat. The wine list even included a superb amarone by the glass.

1  Thank LarryB19451130
Reviewed 11 April 2016

Nice ambiance, friendly and helpful service, pretty good food with lazy, unattractive plating. The scallop appetizer was properly cooked but was simply two scallops swimming in sauce in a little fry pan. The beef Carpaccio was a very nice looking and flavourful plate. The mains were all a la carte, just the meat in the middle of the plate, in our case beef tenderloin and Cornish hen. The sides were sold separately in their own full to the top dishes like those old fashioned steak houses. Very un-appetizing.
My tenderloin had been butterflied, grilled and then put back together and served way past the requested medium rare. To their credit, when I sent it back to the kitchen, it was quickly replaced with a very nicely cooked one piece steak.
These days, thought out, attractively plated food is a must.

Reviewed 2 April 2016 via mobile

The service, food and decor was all great. The only thing was the butternut squash ravioli, it was delicious but there were maybe only 5 pieces in my plate. I would have ordered a side had I known. Hence the 4 stars