All reviews pillow menu screening room mark mcewan lobster spoons black marble heated floors yorkville neighborhood dressing area four seasons boutique hotel room service the general manager nespresso machine an amazing hotel rooms are spacious bathroom mirror soaker tub
Reviewed 13 February 2018

This wonderful property is an oasis for individual travelers, but spread the word, this is a perfect hotel for a small group. The moment guests arrive, they are greeted by a smiling doorman and their Hazelton experience begins. The first thing one notices is the wonderful aromatherapy scent in the lobby, instantly relaxing and welcoming. The three smiling front desk people seem to know each guest's name in advance, whisk them through check-in process and have the guests escorted to their rooms. The guest rooms are stunning: very modern, comfortable with a luxurious bathtub and L'Occitane products. I cannot do the guest rooms justice, you will need to check the website for photos. I am fortunate to be staying here for five days with a corporate group of 34 for their annual meeting. They return year after year, and no wonder. The service is exceptional. The hotel ensures that we have the same staff each year. The food is delicious, original, an incredible value,. The morning croissants and scones are baked freshly each day, and I have not had better anywhere. The meeting space is comfortable, private and well appointed. Our group used the Screening Room for it's keynote speaker, a world renowned physician, who proclaimed this room the coolest room he has ever spoken in, intimate and comfortable. The hotel is close to many excellent restaurants, so the guests have the luxury of walking to their off-site functions. When our program adjourned, I don't think I was the only one sorry to leave. Kudos and many thanks to the management and staff at The Hazelton Hotel, you made our event memorable. See you next year!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Hani-S-Roustom, General Manager at The Hazelton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2018

Dear Zora K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Hazelton Hotel.

This is the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest, and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to all of our staff as I know they will be delighted to read your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will inspire our staff to continue to strive towards outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I chose The Hazelton Hotel for an in-town getaway for my wife's birthday.
Upon arriving, Anjie (the hotel's Front Office Director) met us at the front desk, was incredibly welcoming and immediately let us know that our (last minute and rather large) dinner reservation had been secured at the hotel's fabulous restaurant, One.
The room was a Luxury King and was absolutely perfect. Sometimes a designer can get the spaces just right - and that was the case with the layout of our room. Often too much is given to the bedroom and the bathroom is neglected. Not in this case. It's a lovely balance. And the heated bathroom floors are heavenly.
The attention to detail in the hotel is impressive. Everything in its place, everything right where you need it. Everything solid, immaculately maintained and clean.
I felt like we were the first couple to ever stay in our room - and I'm not sure you can give a higher compliment to a hotel.

Every single staff member that we encountered on our stay was warm and friendly.
The meal and service at One was fantastic.

The Hazelton Hotel is a true gem.
It was the perfect birthday gift (that I got to enjoy too!).

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear 12Back,

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I thought the Hazelton was OK, but at this price point I’ve stayed at much nicer hotels. Definitely not an $800/night property. The service was top-notch and the room was very big, but also quite dark with a view of a parkade and some eyesore office buildings. Had a terrible sleep my first night as the air system was not working and blew cold air into the room even when I had it set to 80 degrees Fahrenheit!! The next day I called them about it and they fixed it, sort of, but then I could not adjust it myself as they did it remotely. Weird for a hotel at this price level to have an issue like this. Then there were a group of very loud teenagers who checked into the room next to mine and started swearing, yelling, and playing very loud music with a thumping bass. Don’t they screen people at all? I mean, it’s supposedly a fancy hotel in a quiet area and full of business travellers. And this was a week night. Sort of weird. Had to call again to get someone to deal with this, and they did but again why was a roudy group of kids even allowed to check in here? The spa was nice but a bit small with a very lacklustre, small indoor pool. The steam room didn’t work properly and had to push the button repeatedly to get it going. Again, fantastic and responsive service from all the staff but the property itself could use some work!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Dear SuzanneCb,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Hazelton Hotel.

I was delighted to read your positive feedback. I do appreciate you highlighting areas that could be improved and I will ensure your ideas are shared. I will pass on your kind words to all of our staff as I know they will be delighted to read your comments. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will inspire our staff to continue to strive towards outstanding customer service.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

My favorite place for brunch. Love the service, ambiance and food. A very good place for family, friends get together or a business or casual meeting. The waiter paid attention to details. One thing that kind of surprised me was the rush at the end for the bill as we wanted the food to digest a bit to order a dessert but without asking the waiter brought the bill. No big deal we will still be back as overall we love the hazelton hotel and services.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Rizi C,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at our ONE Restaurant.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I can see why this hotel is ranked #2 in all of Canada! From start to finish an amazing stay. I arrived early as a meeting cancelled the Front Desk team assisted to get me in room as soon as possible to do some work. I killed some time at One for lunch- amazing menu and fantastic quality. Above all.. service was great.

The rooms are stunning- from bed to workspace to bathroom. Luxury without stuffiness. As a great touch a menu to order a pillow to accomodate any needs such as bad back etc. GREAT!!!

Upon check out I was assisted with transportation to a meeting I had without asking- seamless part of the stay.

From start to finish a great experience- 5 stars!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business