“Overnight in the big smoke”

Residence Inn Toronto Airport
Ranked #50 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very friendly staff,clean rooms. Provided good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Gina V, General Manager at Residence Inn Toronto Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear brookdj1 - Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Toronto Airport

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here for 2 nights on arriving in Toronto. We were lucky, the shuttle was waiting at the door when we came out of Terminal 1. The same shuttle took us back the next morning to pick up our rental car.
Breakfast is a little chaotic with lots of children but the staff recognised that this and opened up a quieter place to sit and eat - much appreciated. The rooms were nice, clean and tidy. The presence of a functioning kitchen (no oven) meant we could make a dinner on the second evening. The hotel provided a map of the area with grocery stores etc marked.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

We stayed during our hockey tournament. The staff was very courteous and considerate of our needs as a large group with kids.
The large suites rooms were a huge bonus for families too. The value per family was better than most regular hotels. We will do this again.

Room Tip: Close to airport, 401, rinks, shopping,
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I was expecting the Residence Inn Toronto Airport to be not much different from the Residence Inn Linda, Pete, Pat and I stayed at in Mississauga last year, but I was amazed at how well-kept the rooms were! The location on the #58 Malton bus line was an added bonus, as I could use it to go downtown. This time, Pat stayed home in Indianapolis to tend to the pets, so it was just Linda and Pete accompanying me on this trip to Canada. On our first night, we were astonished that we were getting a complimentary dinner as well as the standard continental breakfasts. So we put away the take-out dinner we ordered from Swiss Chalet in London and, instead, settled down to a dinner of pierogies, three-bean salad, regular salad, some fiery coleslaw, and two kinds of pie. During our stay, Linda had to have prosthetic breast cancer surgery, which was done by visiting practitioner Irene Healy, who maintained offices in Rochester, NY as well as Toronto. Linda also conducted a breast cancer support group meeting at our hotel room on the third evening of our stay in Toronto. Linda even befriended the RI's housekeeping staff, which is a great sign. The only hangup was that the indoor pool was not heated; and Linda, Pete and I could not swim very long. The hot tub more than made up for it, however. I managed to take in a Toronto Argonauts game as well as visit Eaton Centre and the Royal Ontario Museum plus ride the subway. I did, however, have to remind Pete about the Gardiner Expressway being closed for maintenance, as I had been listening to traffic reports on 680 AM.

The fitness room was like the one at Mississauga, with free weights, treadmills and Nordic Track-type machines plus a TV to watch if you like and a water cooler. I used the fitness room twice during my stay.

The continental breakfasts that were served at Toronto Airport were usually the same--sausages with scrambled eggs and home-style potatoes; four types of cereal (thankfully, none of them pre-sweetened); muffins; waffles, which you made yourself; Dannon's Silhouette yogurt (the brand marketed in Canada); skim or 2% milk; and four types of fruit juice. The first morning I ate breakfast, I had to leave the crowded dining room ASAP, because there was a police convention. On the morning of check-out, there was no fresh fruit--neither apples, bananas or even oranges.

The front desk staff was very helpful with everything I would want to know about Toronto. They even exchanged my American currency so I wouldn't have to do it at the local bank, where I would be given unfavorable rates. I even got to use the Internet terminals located on the first floor to track down my G-Mail, which was helpful in communicating with family back in Indiana.

Apart from some minor inconveniences such as the ones mentioned, I had a very enjoyable stay and had some pleasant nights of sleeping, though on one evening (after I went to the game), I was so overwhelmed with excitement that I couldn't sleep. I don't blame that on the hotel. The fireplace and the painting added a nice touch to the hotel room. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2011

What a pleasant surprise this hotel was. Absolutely spotless and lovely rooms.
We usually stay directly outside of the the Toronto Airport (YYZ) the night prior to a long flight but felt that the prices were getting ridiculous. After researching the area, we found the Marriott Residence which is
really only a few extra streets over from the Airport strip. We were able to get a
2 bedroom suite with living room and small kitchen (2 couples) for the price of one room on the strip.
Great beds and sheets. The staff were great and you are also able to park your car on their premises
while away. The have a shuttle to the airport and a nice area for breakfast (however we have not yet
eaten there as our flights are generally quite early)

Room Tip: Elevators and wheelchair accessible.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lambie06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Sandman Signature Toronto Airport Hotel
Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
Courtyard Toronto Airport
#74 of 137 in Toronto
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Been to Residence Inn Toronto Airport? Share your experiences!