“Very Welcoming and helpful host/ wonderfully quiet and centrally located”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Les Amis - A Vegetarian Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #22 of 119 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 July 2015

Great breakfast/ very clean and no artificial smell of cleanliness/ tasty full breakfast/centrally located / host very helpful/ helped me track down a missing phone number I needed/ did not feel like I was in downtown Toronto/Very quiet efficient air conditioner/ planning to stay there again for my next visit/reasonably priced for Toronto/ Very private especially my room which came equipped with a bathroom/
highly recommended by myself. One important note: this b and b is not suitable for those with mobility issues as there are many stairs leading to your rooms especially those equipped with private bathrooms

Room Tip: this b and bnot suitable for those with mobility issues/many stairs to rooms
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 June 2015

I spent 2 nights at Les Amis and had one of their rooms on the top floor. Decorated to reflect the contemporary but slightly country feel, it was small but perfect, with a double bed, a private bathroom, table and chairs and television. For me the presence of wifi helped no end in keeping me in contact with people at home and friends I was planning to meet up with. Being at the back of the house, it was lovely and quiet!
Breakfast was wonderful, consisting of granola, fruit, yogurt, various sweet breads (banana bread, etc), and the 'piece de resistence'...pancakes. A collection of brochures and guide books helped me plan my days events.
'Les Amis' is conveniently located near a subway stop, 10 minutes from the Eaton Centre and just around the corner from a Loblaws with a great selection of take out food. I also visited the Art Gallery of Ontario, only a 15-20 minute walk away.
The host is francophone but she is equally at home in English and was accepting of my hesitant French. Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2014

I hate hotels because it is industrially soulless!
I always seek a bit of warmth when I am traveling for work far from family.
B&B is the best solution, but they do tend at times to be as luxurious and boring than hotel.
But Les Amis kept the soul of a B&B, clean, pretty room, all amenities you have at the hotel.
Half the price, great breakfast, and great owners.
And speaking in French and eating good veggie food...feels like home for a Mile-Ender from Montreal!
I recommend!

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Headed to Toronto for second time. Again for a conference at the Westin Harbourside, a great place for a conference but not my ideal place to stay...stuffy and too much artificial air for a 24/7 week long experience again.... And their breakfast was outrageously expensive at $40!!!!!

So I needed a better alternative to insure my comfort and sanity. I love to stay at a B&B cuz it is small, personable, and generally I get good food. When I found Les Amis I was extremely pleased. They were 1 minute from the subway line and a doable walk from the hotel...AND it was vegetarian. What a score. I was pleased to get a private room with en suite bath, felt like I hit the number.

When I arrived I was very pleased nice old brick row house in a comfortable neighborhood. The place was old and clean. My room on the third floor was small and had everything I needed. Comfortable bed, desk, and wifi. I knew I was in for a great week. And it was. The breakfasts were cooked to order. They were extremely tasteful and different we very day. Our hostess, Michelle, was friendly, and the other guests provided wonderful table conversation - I hope I did the same for them.

So where is the jam you ask. The conference ran from Wednesday thru Saturday. I thought I booked the room for Tuesday thru Saturday. But alas I misread the confirmation and was only booked thru FRIDAY MORNING, a fact that escaped my attention until I returned home on FRIDAY EVENING TO A CHARMING NOTE EXPLAINING THE PROBLEM AND PROVIDING A SOLUTION!!!!!

Apparently, Michelle had tried to call and email be when her people went up to turn the room and found my stuff all spread out. But my phone was off and during the day I got a message that my Google account might have been compromised so I spent all spare time attending to that instead of checking my email. Not being able to reach me and not wanting to turn me out on the street, Michelle, whose place was completely booked that night was able to persuade a group of three to share my original room that accommodated three and then move me into the adjoining room that accommodates two. So I was embarrassed and overjoyed to be able to remain at this wonderful warm B & B.

And I would be remiss if I were to forget to mentions the lush towels, comfortable bed, and great water pressure in the shower.
This is now my go to place to stay in Toronto.

Room Tip: Third floor was a bit off putting at first and worth the walk. Only two rooms there both wit he sui...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in April. We were in town to see a theatre show and wanted something other than the standard hotel room. We both agreed that Les Amis was a very good choice. It is close to the downtown area and subway and yet, on a quiet and residential street. Unfortunately, we were not able to sample breakfast as the owners told us upfront that breakfast was not an option for that morning. Our room rate was adjusted accordingly and we found very good choices for breakfast nearby. We were able to walk back from the theatre(Royal Alex on King W) as we love walking. The premises were clean and neat and we would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Our room faced the street but there was no disturbing noise at all.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple