“Older movies for $14”

and up
Ritz and Glamour Toronto - VIP Entertainment Tour
Ranked #28 of 561 things to do in Toronto
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Nice building with 5 floors and a gift shop. They have some of the older classic movies for $14. I didn’t get to see a movie. I just wandered into this building. It’s a nice modern style building.

All reviews
"toronto international film festival"
in 15 reviews
"sound quality"
"box office"
"march break"

Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I came here on a Thursday afternoon after eating at Banh Mi Boyz nearby. I parked on Camden Street and had to pay $6 for parking. I came to watch God’s Own Country. While studying in Detroit, I kept asking the distributor and official social media accounts of the film to bring the film to Detroit, but to no avail. But then, I remembered that I was gonna go home to Oakville for the US Thanksgiving break & could watch God’s Own Country at the TIFF Bell Lightbox in Toronto! I was so elated at this revelation! It was about 45 minutes to get to Toronto as there was traffic. Finding parking was a pain as I watched to park for free but relented and paid for it. I came on the last day the theater was showing the film. Students get a discount! The box office was on the first floor right up front. The various theaters are upstairs. My Theater was Theater 5 and was on the third floor. I was surprised at how small the auditorium was as this venue is a part of the annual Toronto Film Festival. The chairs were comfortable and the temperature was nice (not too cold and not too warm). The picture and sound quality were good too! The movie was very good! Although the heavy British accents made it hard for me to decipher some of the words being spoken (interesting that I found the Romanian’s English to be more understandable than the British’s), the movie was touching & engaging! Not as good as Call Me By Your Name or Brokeback Mountain, but still good and worth the long drive and parking pain. Hopefully, the next time I come here, it will be during the Toronto International Film Festival!

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Went for a non-festival showing... The theatre itself was fine, comfortable seats, good sound, etc. But everything else was a mess! Bought tickets on line. Website terrible. No explanation of how to download to phone. Site said to arrive an hour in advance, but at the theatre we were told that was wrong, we could have arrived any time. Complete lack of signage on the ground floor as to which theatre was for our film, where ticket-holders should wait, etc.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

This venue on the sixth floor of TIFF Bell Lightbox is an excellent place to hold a special event such as a wedding. The service was terrific. The food was wonderful. The entire experience was one of a kind. We had a great time!