“Cuisine Ethiopia !”

Cuisines: Ethiopian
Neighbourhood: West End
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 26 March 2017

Nice food ..very similar spices , lentils to the indian palate .. food form a distant mother !! big platters with a variety .. i feel it is nutritionally well balanced .

Reviewed 22 January 2017

It was my first time trying Ethiopian food and I love it! I ordered the vegetarian platter and my friend ordered the meat platter. The platters are quite large. I couldn't finish all my food, so I would recommend sharing a platter for 2 people.

I also like eating with my hands, but it does get kind of messy.

I like how they give you an extra plate of injera because I didn't have enough for picking up my food. The injera does get soggy if you leave the food on top of it for too long, since it absorbs all the moisture.

I loved everything on my platter. It was all flavourful with a hint of spice, which made it more enjoyable.

Reviewed 17 December 2016

2/3 guests arrived, waitress/owner on hearing third was expected, ignored us presumably waiting until friend showed up? Had to go to kitchen to flag service for appetizers & drinks while waiting. The veggie samosas and single dipping sauce were delicious.
Ordered for all three of us. When second wave of food arrived we put in a few more drinks orders. Never saw a server again, even after third member of party arrived. No water for her, no acknowledgment our table existed. It became a sociological experiment to see how long this situation would last.
Eventually stopped the only other server to get bill after which original woman came over and said, didn't you get water? to our latecomer. On being reminded that an hour + went by with no attention, she shrugged, brought a glass of water and our change!
No apology or even explanation.
The owner simply did not care!
Not sure about the other two but the meal, although yummy, didn't agree with me which was the final straw - unless l decide to describe the grubby bathrooms with a broken sink, and we saw some of the regulars - men- using the ladies' with the door open.....

Reviewed 5 November 2016

I had the great pleasure of having my first Ethiopian food experience at this wonderful restaurant.

The food was tremendous, the atmosphere was intimate, and the espresso was absolutely delicious. If your in the mood for something different yet a little bit familiar, looks delicious but tastes even better, then I definitely recommend the African Palace.

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

This was such an awesome experience. The flavours are amazing. Definitely will be back. Good dishes for sharing. You have to pay cash :)