Lowest prices for your stay
USD 268
PricelineUSD 269
Hotels.comUSD 268
Official HotelUSD 269
1,548 results
All reviews union station cn tower rain shower nespresso machine leafs game modern hotel continental breakfast yogurt rooms are spacious amazing hotel would highly recommend this hotel entertainment district concierge downtown lcbo molton raptors
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2021

modern hotel with original design! large rooms with a beautiful view of the city! the lobby bar is super nice and serves very good food ! The location is perfect very close to the train station and CN tower

1  Thank limonjunkie
Paul de La Durantaye, General Manager at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2021

Dear limonjunkie,

Thanks for the positive review. I am very happy to read how much you enjoyed the different aspect of our hotel. Hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Enjoy safe and fun travels!

Reviewed 15 November 2021

Do not eat in the lounge. There was barely a chicken finger of meat in what was supposed to be an 'order' of spicy chicken bites. We also ordered breakfast to our room and it was cold. The hotel is definitely nice, very clean however penny pinching on service and food is obvious. Makes one wonder where else they are cutting corners.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul de La Durantaye, General Manager at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2021

Dear DarrendY6927QI,

Than k you for sharing you comments here on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you enjoyed to look and feel of our hotel but quite concerned about your comments about our food and beverage offer. I apologize for the situation and will review portion sizes with the kitchen. Staffing is an issue in our industry and may have contributed the breakfast not remaining hot while being delivered. We are working hard to ensure that our staffing levels are maintained with he increased demand.

Should you wish to discuss further, I invite you to contact me directly at pdeladurantaye@germainhotels.com.

I hope we will be able to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2021

Pros:

I was very impressed with almost all of the pre-arrival service that we received. Staff not only responded to our requests, but made helpful suggestions and offered additional services to make our event run more smoothly. We had a few special requests that were fulfilled before our arrival. It was truly exceptional service from start to finish.

When we needed to have items delivered, staff responded almost immediately. Nearly every request was met with a positive response. When weather derailed plans for photos, they let us take over the lobby bar, even helping to move furniture. Whoever trained the staff should open a business because other hotels would do well to take a lesson from the service at Le Germain.

The apartment suite was very spacious, well-appointed and clean. There are black-out shades in the bedroom but not the bathroom or the living room. It takes some getting used to the giant glowing Scotiabank sign!

The bed was quite comfortable, as were the linens. The toiletries are by Molton Brown. The supplied robes were plush and fluffy. The apartment suite has a deep tub that looks onto the city, if that is your wish.

There is a well-stocked Longo’s grocery store and an LCBO downstairs which you can access without leaving the building.

The safe has enough room for a small computer, which was appreciated.

Cons:

Oddly, there was no bell service upon arrival, so we grabbed an available cart to schlep our own luggage up to the suite. There wasn’t a cart available when we left, so we were on our own. I didn’t see any bell staff at any point during our stay.

This would not be a good accommodation choice for the elderly or the infirm. Some of the doors are too heavy to move easily. The rooms are a bit too dark for my taste; there should be the option of additional lighting. The hotel is marketed to the young and hip, and that’s who should stay there.

The kitchen in both apartment suites needs to be stocked better than it is. There were no kitchen knives, even when we asked for them. There are a handful of pots and pans, but you won’t be cooking anything if you can’t cut up the ingredients. No scissors, no ice trays, no dishwasher soap and no dishcloths made preparing even appetizers a challenge.

This could be a Covid-induced issue, but there were no paper or pens in the suite, no were there instructions for the coffee maker, phone or shower.

The patio door can’t be locked by guests, and it kept blowing open, so a staff member had to lock it with a special key. That meant, of course, that we couldn’t open it ourselves, either. The door is not well soundproofed, so you can hear every shout and car from the street and the arena.

Room tip: May be quieter on higher floors

Dear Biensapeau,

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed review here on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to hear that the team able to assist you with your requests before and during your stay. We will also address all the issues you brought up in you CONS list and I appreciate the detailed feedback.

I would like to let you know that we have recently reinstated our door and bell service as well as our valet parking service now that demand has begun to come back to our industry. I apologize that these services were not available during your stay.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2021

So my wife and I finally made it to Canada after 3 delayed weddings due to Covid-19. On arrival the staff were so pleasant and excited to welcome us for our honeymoon. Modern and clean hotel, well designed. We had booked a balcony suite and on entering, had been left a card and macaroons, nice touch! Room was huge! Lounge, toilet, bedroom, bathroom with huge bath (I’m 6’3’’ and we both fit in!) double shower cubicle and his and hers wash basins, and large corner balcony overlooking the scotiabank arena. Useful light switch next to bed to select all on or off, ambient lighting etc so everything can be sorted in the morning or night with one button! Large TVs in lounge and bedroom with 60+ channels including sports and films. Brilliant! Sofas large and comfy! Felt very much how home would if I won the lottery! Didn’t try breakfast or the gym as we were up and out every day. Left to it, which was nice. Reception just asked us to mention if we wanted the room cleaning. Nice to relax and not be wary of some cleaner etc walking in, meant we could leave things out safely as well. The location is amazing on raptors way, the atmosphere is amazing on both basketball and hockey days (the latter of which we caught two games while there). What is incredible though is how quiet it is. No noise at all considering there were rooms above and below and either side and no noise from outside. Blackout blinds were incredible at keeping the light out from the screen on scotiabank arena. Shower was a rain shower, I prefer max power personally, but for people who like that, it’s hot and relaxing. Staff were something else, the lad at the door never seemed to be away! Always smiling and couldn’t help us enough asking how we were and recommending places to eat and booking us taxis. Same as reception. Bar is small but well stocked, we had some cocktails after the hockey and the barman was lovely and helpful when I couldn’t decide what I wanted! We have been to London, Edinburgh, New York, Chicago and many other places, and stayed in some nice hotels (Novotel, crowne plazas etc) but this was without doubt the best. I don’t often bother leaving reviews but I can’t speak highly enough about this hotel. When we head to Banff next year, if we stop at Calgary or Toronto on the way home we will be back again! Honestly don’t even bother looking elsewhere just book. Clean, tidy, modern, warm and comfy. Couldn’t ask for more. Honeymoon 2021, thank you so much to all of the staff you made it amazing for us! Photos are when we left, room was even tidier when we arrived! Thanks again, love David & Samantha Reed, Manchester, England.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DavidR33d,

Than you so much for the rave review! I am very happy that we were able to contribute to making your honeymoon so special.

You will just need to make this an annual event so we see you for your anniversaries in the future!

I will share your comments with the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2021 via mobile

The hotel is located right next to the scotiabank arena, really convenient right downtown. You can easily walk to the island ferry and the CN Tower. We even walked to Yorkville and Chinatown but that will take you about 50 min
The hotel is really nice, very clean and modern. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We will definitely com back!

Room tip: There is valet parking, but we took the UP express from Toronto Airport that goes to Union Station which is right next to the hotel.
Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Paul de La Durantaye, General Manager at Le Germain Hotel Toronto Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2021

Dear Uninterrupted993,

Thanks very much for the positive review. I am thrilled to read about all the aspects that you enjoyed about our hotel.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.