1,393 results
All reviews air canada centre union station cn tower round bed real sports bar molton brown toiletries rain shower glass shower nespresso machine rogers centre concierge team hockey game hard boiled eggs modern hotel continental breakfast office building yogurt
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We were in Toronto on October 14 to see Rush at the Air Canada Centre (excellent concert!!!) and stayed at this unique hotel. It's right next to the ACC and an easy walk to the CN Tower area or to the waterfront. We would recommend using the directions on their web site, since the hotel was easy to miss when relying on our GPS.

When we booked the room a few months earlier, we wanted to stay in a nice downtown hotel, but we didn't realize we would be staying in one of the most beautiful hotel rooms we'd ever stayed in (and we've stayed in quite a few). Our room was more like a wonderfully decorated city apartment than a hotel room. It had a separate living room with stylish modular furniture, an ultra-modern bedroom and an awesome bathroom and shower.

We thought the breakfast was quite good as well and really enjoyed the cappuccino machine. We also had drinks at the bar at the PLAY Lounge after the Rush concert. The drinks were OK, but the pretzels they served were kind of stale. Aside from that, the overall experience at this hotel was excellent and we'd stay there again.

Room Tip: The suites are quite luxurious
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davey314
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Breakfast is a relaxed affair (perhaps too relaxed...). Casual bar stools and just coffee/small bites and cereal.

eLLeven restaurant was overpriced, dark and disappointing.

Liked the rooms... well-equipped, good beds and loads of features.

But felt the (super stylish/handsome) staff were a little bit 'snooty'... Very un-Canadian.

All in all, good tho. And would stay again if needing a work base downtown.

Room Tip: (Summer 2012) Construction work underway on new aquarium between hotel and Rogers Centre (skydome)... beware of noise and building traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
MDHenderson, Director of Rooms Division at Hotel Le Germain Maple Leaf Square, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear CupletBalsac,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. While I can’t comment on behalf of our neighbours at E11even, I will certainly pass the information along.

The intent behind our breakfast service is to make it as simple as at home: pop downstairs, scan the headlines, caffeinate, have a healthy bite, head out the door. Feedback on our guests’ morning routines is used continually to tweak this offering.

While I’m glad that you liked our staff’s uniforms (they do look great), I’m disappointed that you didn’t feel connected with our service. If you can provide me with any more specifics, it’s great material for coaching and development. Please feel free to email me at mhenderson@germainmapleleafsquare.com or call me at 888-940-7575.

Thanks again for staying with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Just got back from a 1 night stay at the hotel.

My flight arrived early in the morning & the hotel managed to get me into my room before 9:00am (even though they were sold out or almost sold out the night before). Awesome!

Room was very modern. Everything from the furniture, to the decor, to the bathroom, to the clock radio (I'm pretty tech literate & even I had to read the instructions on how to set the alarm). Bed was amazingly comfortable.

The hotel was immaculate, as well. Very clean everywhere I went.

Staff were also very friendly and helpful.

Included in the stay is a continental breakfast. Wide selection of items and all good.

The location of the hotel is perfect if you want to be around the Air Canada Centre area. The hotel is in a building with an amazing sports bar (Real Sports), a fantastic restaurant (Eleven), a grocery store (Longo's), and an LCBO. You literally don't need to leave the building. And you're just a couple hundred feet to the entrance of the Air Canada Centre. What else could you ask for?

Would 100% recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MSkinner

Hi MSkinner,

There’s no better endorsement than a 100% recommendation! Thanks.

If anyone else is wondering, the instructions for the iPod station are outlined in the guest directory, which is located in the leather stationery box on the desk.

Thanks for all the compliments as well, I’ll be sure to share them with our entire team. We’ll look forward to seeing you again next time you have the chance to visit Toronto.

Murray Henderson
Director of Rooms Division

Reviewed 9 October 2012

It's long overdue that I write a review, but recommended it to a colleague today, and am staying there again this month.
Went there for our showroom affiliate opening, and it was the reviews of Susan and Gregory that convinced me to book it for myself and also my boss and his wife. Never short of drama in my travels, I managed to crack my head open with the boot of my hire car, and when I came into the lobby, the staff took all my luggage without even asking for my credit card for check in and got one of the doormen to take me to hospital. 4 hours and 6 head staples later, I officially checked into my room to find masses of amazing chocolates and a get well soon card from the night staff, who even called up to check on me and how I was feeling, did I need anything, etc. They also did an amazing job of filling my boss's room with champagne and candles upon their arrival.
The interior could have been awful and it wouldn't have mattered after service like that! However the interior was fantastic (and I work in the design industry), the bed and bathtub was heaven, and the view to CN tower was just perfect. Susan was absolutely the best concierge anywhere (and I am on the road abut 7 months of the year and see a lot of hotels), and I really hope she's still there!
I'd say it's Toronto's best hotel!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Elizaveta F
Reviewed 1 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel and everything positive about this hotel is true. Very classy and a comfortable room with so many little things in it that make it feel like a home away from home. We will definetly book this hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: September 2012