“Clean but dated”
Review of Edward Hotel

Edward Hotel
Ranked #116 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed here with a local tour group. The Lobby is big. Concierge is not attended. Room size is reasonable but dated. Bathroom needs maintenance. Free Wi-Fi and coffee machine are provided. The fridge turned on but with pool of water on the bottom. Early morning call can be arranged. If you don't want to eat at the hotel restaurant, you need to walk at lease 10-15 minutes to a local buffet restaurant. Public transport is 5 minutes away.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Maria P, Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay and provide us your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your valuable comments. We will continue strive to improve ourselves to the next level. Thank you for choosing Edward hotel.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Unfortunately my company has booked us for conferences at this hotel a few times over the past year. I have not stayed in the guest rooms but the facilities and meeting rooms could be greatly improved, as could the service. The first time we used the meeting rooms, there were dirty dishes from (presumably) the night before. When I brought this to the attention of the front desk, they eventually sent someone to clean the room. We also had a meeting recently and the experience was not much better. The meeting room was freezing because of the a/c. Is it possible to get hypothermia in a meeting room? We contacted the front desk and they turned on the heat. We went from being frozen to being way too warm. When the HVAC unit comes on in the room it's very loud and not conducive to having an effective meeting. The washroom for the meeting rooms was also unsatisfactory. Not only was there water all over the floor but after using a stall, it's not a good time to find out there's no toilet paper. I had to discreetly switch stalls and hope that I wasn't caught by one of my coworkers in this embarrassing situation. I use hotel meeting rooms very frequently and this is not a good choice. There are much better options in this area. If it was up to me I would never have another meeting in this hotel. The service is unsatisfactory, the hotel is not clean and they obviously don't have good controls in place to make sure things get taken care of proactively. I'm not impressed!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Maria P, General Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Dan,

Thank you for taking the time to voice out your concern. Please accept my sincere apology for your unpleasant experience. We will communicate your concerns to our departments. I would also like to assure you that our Front Desk and Catering specialists are pleased to assist our guests with any requests or question, so in future please feel free to communicate the issue directly to them, so that we could fix it right away. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance and next time we will serve you better.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I booked the Edward using Hotwire (so I didnt get to pick the hotel). When I arrived, I found that Hotwire had broken my stay into 2 reservations. The clerk wasnt able to combine them for some reason and required me to come back the next day to check out then check in again (very annoying and inconvienent).

The room is properly appointed but the beds are ancient (from the days when it was the Days Inn). 2 box springs and a very thin mattress with no pillowtop. So uncomfortable.

The next morning, I get 3 knocks at the door telling me that checkout is noon (I had to explain the story to all of them). The a call on the room phone from the front desk asking me the same thing. I just wanted to sleep in!!!

I came back that night and parking in the wheelchair spots (my mother is disabled) and I am approached by a security woman saying that they are shooting a movie the next morning and that I have to park at the back of the lot. I'm not sure how disabled spots can be closed off to paying guests just because the hotel is trying to make some money renting out its parking lot.

I stayed on the 10th floor, and the nearest working ice machine is 3 stories down. Things are broken all over the hotel, with gum and burn marks in carpets on every floor.

A very disappointing stay, and I wont be returning (despite the fact that the hotel will say they would welcome me back for another try below)

Room Tip: If you don't want flood lights shining into your room at night, ask for a room on the highway si...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience and concerns with us. We strive to provide outstanding service and hospitality to every guest, yet it seems we fell short this time. I am sorry to hear that a program mistake in a reservation has troubled your stay. We will get in touch with technical specialist and Hotwire and make sure that the issue is fixed. We also apologize for the incident on the parking lot, and hope that in future we will be able to provide you with a much better experience.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

I spend at least 10 days each month living in hotel rooms and I have to say this was one of the worst. The customer rep at the front desk sent me to two ice machines on two different floors and neither worked. I found the rooms unkempt the hallways dirty...there were used kleenex in the hallway and spit...yes, SPIT in the elevator...and when I woke the next morning BOTH things were still there. The machines for water and soft drinks were empty and my husband uses a CPAP machine so I had to travel to a store to get clean water. When I complained one of the women at the front desk laughed at me. ALL ROUND ONE OF THE WORST EXPERIENCES EVER. Also very noisy. I would NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN.
OH! And the air conditioner broke during the night. And it was HOT!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Dear Sharron,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as well as for sharing your concerns with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. The cleanliness of our property is one of our top priorities and we have already discussed your concerns with the housekeeping department. We usually refile our wending machines on the weekly basis, and most probably there was a delivery delay during your stay. We apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for helping us to get better by learning our mistakes.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

Edward Village Hotel in North York, Ontario is located right off the 401/404 highway. There are many stores, restaurants, markets, and even a shopping mall within a few minutes drive from the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel you will notice that the lobby is nice enough with a lot of accent neon lights. We were assigned a room on the 8th floor. The room is on the small side with a small bathroom and no microwave or refrigerator in the room. When we tried to turn on the tv to our surprise it did not work. The room was also very dark even though there are 4 lamps in the room. I also went down to check out the guest laundry in the basement. You guessed it, the washing machine was out of order. There it stood in the middle of the room, unplugged and half full with black water. The bathroom overall had low water pressure. The shower was barely a sprinkle and the toilet took about 20-30 seconds to flush and you were lucky if it was even a complete flush. Sometimes multiple flushes were needed just to flush liquid waste. As others have already noted, the front of the hotel has multiple lights shining onto the front of the hotel. Luckily they do have blackout curtains that block out the bright as daylight spotlights. What a way to start a vacation.

On the plus side, the desk is 2 tables next to each other which make it one long, flat table that extends more than half of the wall. Plenty of room for the tv and all the bags filled with our miscellaneous snacks. Also the bathroom is very bright. It seems to be recently remodeled as the shower wall tiles seem new as well as all the faucets and fixtures. There was no mold and also no soap tray in the shower. The Front Desk and Housekeeping staff was also very nice. The breakfast buffet was ok with the usual selection of scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon, oatmeal, bagels, toast, cereal, juice, and coffee.

Overall, an OK hotel to stay for only one night but if you are staying for multiple days I would stay at a better hotel for the same price or less.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank edges35
Management response:Responded 20 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the detailed review, I believe it will help us to improve. Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations. We try our best to provide our guests with exceptional service, and sorry to hear that technical issues stopped us from doing so. We have already fixed the problem with the washing machine, and we are working on the rest. We would like the opportunity to serve you better in the future and hope you will consider a return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Comfort Inn Toronto North
Comfort Inn Toronto North
#110 of 138 in Toronto
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!