“Short stay”
Review of Edward Hotel

Edward Hotel
Ranked #116 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I stayed at the Edward Hotel as it was closest to a location I needed to be in proximity of. A sultry receptionist "greeted" me as if to say ..don't disturb me! I was not happy in paying my hotel stay in advance although they of course had my credit card. Rooms are tired and miserable. There are split ACsin the room which make a tremendous racket and of course no porters to be found anywhere. On top of that WIFI is patchy.

Room Tip: Best Room is in another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
00gc, Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We are sorry if you were met with anything other than friendly and helpful service from our front desk associate. Normally our staff does a terrific job at responding to our guests' needs. We’re also sorry you were unhappy with your room, especially since our rooms were recently renovated, and we will look into your observations. Thanks once more for your comments, and we do hope to see you here again.

Reviewed 27 July 2017

Pubic hair in the bed, hairs randomly on the bathroom wall, the fridge didnt work and had some odd goo on it, plus stains on the carpet and bedding.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Likely the worst hotel i have ever been to.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. Please accept our apologies for oversights in the preparation of your room. Our goal is to welcome each guest with a freshly cleaned and comfortable room, and we are sorry for missing some details. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope you will give us an opportunity to regain your trust on a future stay.

Richard Hazem

Reviewed 27 July 2017

After reading other reviews I was concerned about the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised to find that my room was large, clean, comfortable with large flat screen TV, air conditioning, kettle, hair dryer and even an iron and ironing board! Very comfortable and quiet, with clean bed pillows and sheets. The bathroom, though a bit dated, was perfectly serviceable. Breakfast included, buffet with a nice mix of continental and hot food. All of the staff were friendly and helpful. A good hotel at a good price for down town Toronto. My room was on the second floor at the front of the building.

Room Tip: I had a room on the second floor which was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
00gc, General Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Liz, thank you for sharing your positive feedback about the Edward Hotel North York. We are glad to learn you not only enjoyed your well-appointed room and our convenient location but also found us to be a great value. We appreciate you highlighting the key features of our property and hope to be your first choice every time you visit our area.

Richard Hazem

Reviewed 15 July 2017

Stayed here on July 10, 2017. Booked through a discount site so we got a decent rate, but had I have walked through the place prior, we wouldn't have stayed. This has the potential to be a very nice hotel, however without a good cleaning from top to bottom, it won't ever get a decent rating. Updates are fairly recent but carpets need to be steam cleaned EVERYWHERE, restaurant was absolutely empty (not even any staff to be found). Walls were filthy, our suite was disgustingly dirty too; hair all over the bathroom floor and we threw an extra pillow on the floor at bed time and when we picked it up in the morning, it was covered in hair too - obviously the room hadn't even been vacuumed in some time. Don't waste your money, go elsewhere!

1  Thank billie r
00gc, General Manager at Edward Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear billie r,
Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to leave feedback. We are so sorry to hear that your stay was disappointing. We do not take cleanliness issues lightly, especially with the cleanliness of the hotel - it has to be priority #1. Your concerns have been shared with our housekeeping director, and we will be reviewing this with our entire cleaning staff to make sure we are properly following procedures to make sure that we deliver a spotless room every time. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future to provide you with a much better stay.

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I called a head to make sure there was a fridge in room. The man answering phone had difficulty speaking English and best he could say was maybe room will have fridge maybe not. We get here and walk in front doors where they are to slide open but the doors labour trying to open. Go to front check in and most light bulbs are burnt out over checkin desk. Man had difficulty with English for checking in as well and appeared to not know what he was doing. Again I asked about fridge but he did not understand. We headed up to our room and found the hallways filthy like it had not been vacuumed in weeks. Our room did not strike me as being the cleanest either. Bathrooms are tiny. Decided to go checkout the hotel and found the pool in basement. Again, filthy with a chair hanging on an outside door to stop anyone else from coming in from the outdoors. Tables pushed against the walls for no apparent reason and I have attached photos of the garbage around the outdoors of the pool room. Even a huge abandoned stage just tossed outside. Pool has a bad liner that was likely put in to cover the original pool but it does not fit well
Breakfast was to be included but found we needed a ticket. Had to go back to check in and noticed most from our group were not provided the ticket. The restaurant constantly has filthy table cloths and a beautiful grand piano randomly shoved into the middle of the restaurant . The eggs are the manufactured kind and we're runny each day. There was an oatmeal looking dish that had peanuts and another unknown substance sitting beside it so I know it was not oatmeal. There was fruit. The first morning I could not finish fruit at the table so I took the bowl with me. I put it in my room assuming the maid would pick it up in the morning but no...it is still in room after 3 days. Our door from the inside takes two people to open it . It is severely bent. I could go on and on but I hope you get the point. This is not a nice hotel and no one cares to put any effort into cleaning it up even though you can tell at one time it would have been a glorious hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
Comfort Inn Toronto North
Comfort Inn Toronto North
#110 of 138 in Toronto
Best Western Plus Toronto North York Hotel & Suites

Been to Edward Hotel? Share your experiences!