Edward Hotel North York
Ranked #114 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 December 2016

Aawful hotel in the middle of nowhere. Did not want my bare feet touching the carpet. No charm and heat erratic. One room super hot the other cold. Weird atmosphere especially seeing cops in the lobby.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank joannb69

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

I have stayed at the one in Markham and was expecting same - wrong!!
Smaller room , no mini fridge or microwave, and the dinky coffee machine doesn't have the right coffee pods for it so useless.
The hallway carpets are filthy so not sure of overall cleanliness of this hotel - won't be staying here again. The one in Markham is much better in amenitirs and cleanliness. Probably why this property is empty !!
Room decor was fine , it was cheap so I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

We travel a lot and sometimes we pay more for the hotel because we recognize that the service and accommodation will generally be a little better. This time, for this hotel, we just paid the average cost, and that is exactly what we got.

The weird thing was when we checked-in. The hostess asked for my credit card and drivers license end then asked me to sit down because "we are in training". Uncomfortable leaving my credit card behind I asked to keep them and she said "no, please sit down we, we are training."

I got my luggage and my wife wandered in and stood about 15 feet away from the desk. The hostess asked if she could help her, and my wife said she was with me. The hostess then said "please sit down, we are training". At that point my wife asked how long will it be, and the hostess replied that it would be about 5 minutes. After a long trip, we don't want to wait across the room while they train. Clearly seeing our annoyance, she quickly said that they would train later. But our first impression was set.

I would also like to note that although our second floor room was clean, the hallway carpets were horrendous. Stains all around the elevator, and up both hallways. It was actually quite disgusting. The walls were dingy, the bathroom counter was falling away from the wall, and the room was stuffy.

Not the greatest hotel we have stayed at, but I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Spent one night. Found the hotel to be adequate but the little things detract from the experience. Let's start at the beginning.

Lots of parking. Though the parking is supposed to be free, I parked by a sign saying the lot was a pay lot enforced 24 hours a day. Just after I put the first $2 in the pay machine an inbound employee told me I didn’t need to pay. Just register at the hotel. A sign saying that would be good. It would have saved me $2.

Checked in to my prepaid room. Expected to produce a CC for incidentals. Was surprised when they charged my CC $100! They said it will show up as a refund in 4 or 5 days. Not good.

The room was good, clean, well appointed but stuffy. Went to thermostat on the wall to get some air moving. No good. Talked to front desk. The controls are on the unit across the room. Why is that thermostat there?

Went looking for ice. I'm on the second floor. Located the ice machine by the elevator. No ice. Front desk says no, the ice is on 3rd (no - that one's broken) and 5th floors. So why is that ice machine on the 2nd floor?

Okay. Time to get ready for bed. Want to charge my phone and tablet. The two outlets on the light by the bed are very loose. Have to put everything just so to keep them charging.

By the way, the room has an odour like men's aftershave. Kind of like when you're in a car with a guy who splashed on just a bit too much. Get in bed. Nose to pillow. Whoa! Really strong. I've talked to the front desk enough so I let it go.

In the morning, make coffee. The little coffee machine leaks water all over the counter and floor. Of course.

Like I said, reasonably nice hotel. Clean, dry, safe place to sleep. But keep your sense of humour and expect the unexpected.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2016

I must say the lobby is very well designed. A fire place with lot of comfortable seating overlooking the small courtyard made the place feel warm and cosy. The front desk staff are very helpful showing us the directions in the air. Transit close by and lot of restaurants are within walking distance. Other than an annoying couple fighting all day in the next room ( we never mentioned to the management), we are very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Toronto
Radisson Hotel Toronto East
#11 of 14 in Vaughan
Delta Hotels Toronto East
Delta Hotels Toronto East
#69 of 136 in Toronto

Been to Edward Hotel North York? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Edward Hotel North York

Address: 185 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, Ontario M2J 4R2, Canada (Formerly Edward Village)
Region: Canada > Ontario > Toronto > North York
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet (WiFi) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #114 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Price Range: $122 - $1,573 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Edward Hotel North York 3.5*
Edward Hotel is located conveniently off Hwy 401 and 404 in North York. Complimentary parking and WiFi are available throughout. There are 290 beautifully renovated rooms situated across 10 floors. The hotel features an on-site restaurant and lounge, a self serve business center, on site ATM machines and 24 hour reception. Each room is equipped with a flat-screen TV, an alarm clock, a coffee maker and a large work desk with ergonomic chair. The hotels offers a sophisticated and comfortable stay for both business and pleasure seekers. Attractions Nearby: Don mills Subway- 1.1 km Fairview Mall- 1.3 km Seneca College- 3.6 km Ontario Science Center ; Aga Khan Museum- 8.6 km Toronto Pearson Airport- 28 km Downtown Toronto- 20.8 km ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, lastminute.com.au and Evoline ltd so you can book your Edward Hotel North York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Hotel And Conference Centre - Toronto Don Valley