“any recepcionist did not shout at me all around the world”

Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown
Ranked #67 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Istanbul
“any recepcionist did not shout at me all around the world”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

i am travelling all around the world and staying all kind off hotels and beleive that this is the worst hotel i have ever seen. they dont have any room service but they are saying that they have. when you are ill they dont bring you any water and when you are speaking with them they can say shout you easily. also in a night time when your key is broken they can shout you easily too. after you start to take camera he can easily stop shouting and saying sir!! also they can threat you throw out of hotel and even they call the police they cant throw you cause they are not right. and when they are speaking on the phone with police they can easily say lies to police. it happend only 15 mins ago and i am still writing this from my room. if you want to have a nice stay dont choose that terrible hotel in Toronto. you can easily find beter service around.i will try to sue them. i wanted to load the video but it is aroud 20 mins.

Room Tip: do not select Ramada hotels; they dont have any complaint area in their global web site
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 8 March 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to talk to me today about the issue last night. As you are well aware the Front Desk staff at any hotel cannot just issue keys for a room at a simple request. I.D. must be shown in order to receive a key to any room for the security of the hotel and all of our guests. Next time, when you check in to any hotel and have another person in the room please attach the second person’s name to the room so that we at the hotel can issue keys properly.
I’m sorry to hear in your review last night that this has deterred you from further booking of any Ramada around the world and hope that the conversation that we had today will help in repairing any lost in confidence you may have.
If you have any further concerns about this or anything else that I can help with please do not hesitate to contact myself at (416)977-4823 Ext. 7265

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Was glad that I had chosen the Ramada Plaza for my recent two day stay in Toronto. It's location is close to everything and the price is reasonable. Looking forward to staying next time we are in the city.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bobloguy
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind words about our property and we look forward to having you stay with us next time in Toronto.
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 26 February 2012

My husband and I stayed at the ramada feb 22 and we got to the hotel a bit early for check in but they let us check in and go to our room anyways. (which other hotels do not, they make you wait) When we checked in the staff were VERY friendly and even upgraded our room to a 1 bedroom suite! The room... WAS GREAT very spacious and loved how you had a living room and dining room and a seperate area for the bedroom and bathroom!
I didnt mind paying $22 for parking as it was underground and we were still able to leave our truck there while we walked around toronto all day (after we checked out)
When we go back to toronto we will be going to this hotel again! Great experience!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lauren d
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for letting everyone know about your stay with us. I am very happy to hear how please you are with our property and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Toronto.
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I stayed for one night with two friends at the Ramada. We had booked a room with two double beds, in a non-smoking room for a discounted CAA rate. Upon arrival, I was greeted promptly and checked in quickly. The room we were given was a disaster and reeked of cigarette smoke. The front desk staff were very applogetic, and immeadiately re-assigned us a new room, and even upgraded us to a larger room with two queen beds. The second room was perfectly clean, non-smoking and had a decent view. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom was small, but had a good-sized walk in shower. Ample towels. I was happy that I used their underground parking as I woke up to a snow storm, and my car was ice-free and ready to go. I would go back again for a fuss-free night's stay in a good location.

Room Tip: 10th floor was very quiet. Noticed a raging party on a lower floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 15 February 2012
Dear guest, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We are very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you did not have to deal with cleaning off your car after the snow storm came through. The staff and management hope to see you on your next trip to Toronto.
Toronto, ON
Reviewed 9 February 2012

I've stayed here twice, once in a renovated room and once in an older one. Both were fine but the renovated one was obviously much nicer! I was very satisfied. The rooms were clean, the staff were friendly, location was good and the price was awesome ($100 on a saturday night) Honestly, you can't beat this place in terms of value.

However, i do agree it might not be the best place if you're easily scared by the occasional hooker or homeless person as you'll defiantly see this at night. I use to live close by for 4 years so i sort of became immune to it...

Random note...if you want ice you have to go to the basement...they don't have an ice dispenser on each floor.
Will defiantly come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, bathroom is much nicer.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
GMRamadaToronto, Manager at Ramada Plaza Toronto Downtown, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that you will be back in the future. When it comes to the area we are working with the local police and the other five hotels in the area to see what if anything can be done with the random homeless person.