2 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUSD 121
TravelocityUSD 121
Trip.comUSD 123
2,798 results
All reviews double tree eaton centre city hall nathan phillips square underground parking upon check convenient location king bed union station downtown starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 November 2021

Hotel occupancy rates in the city are historically low, and Doubletree is generally a consistently reliable brand so I felt confident booking this room. Although the room was clean and the service at the front desk was great, it was clear there were a lot of cuts as this wasn't really anywhere near the pre-pandemic level of service I expected from Doubletree.

First of all, the cookie is gone. Yes, it's minor, but that really was an amazing thing that kind of made Doubletrees unique. To add insult to injury, they still have the visuals of this delicious memory around the hotel to remind you what you aren't receiving when you check in. I even called down and was told that it wouldn't be returning anytime soon.

Second, housekeeping has been reduced. I was here for a 5 day stay and my room was only cleaned once. Again, COVID-19 was to blame, but most hotels have restored their service levels and are back to daily service, so this was pretty irksome. I totally get the staffing shortage, etc., but to me this wasn't really acceptable.

Other than that, rooms are good if not a bit small. It's your typical 4-star hotel but the room rates are historically low at this property and it's attracted some less than savory characters, so I'd keep the deadbolt on the door if I choose to stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor to get some good views
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Doug90210
Reviewed 3 November 2021

Tiny room, tiny window but most importantly the dirtiest hotel we have ever seen.
We went to the reception to show lots of photos from the hallway and the room that were just shocking. The floor, the closet, the table, the remote, the tv... we were afraid to touch anything, we did not even open our lugages to not spoil our cothes. The man barely listened and said without looking at us I'll send someone to clean, like he was used to the situation. I asked to talk to the manager, he or she never called back.
This is the worst hotel experience I've ever had. No one cared, it was uncomfortable, we feel completely disrespected.
They should be ashamed to have spoiled our trip like this.
Never again.

Reviewed 1 November 2021

Front desk lady was very friendly and polite. The check in process was quick and easy. Room was nice, located in the prime spot of downtown however, the room’s cleanliness could’ve been better. Mirror’s we’re dirty with watermarks, toilet didn’t look like it got cleaned along with the bathtub. I only stayed for a couple of hours therefore I didn’t care enough to complain. I’ll likely come back, but I would hope the overall cleanliness of the room improves.

Reviewed 28 October 2021

Good location for walking to places of interest, very comfortable room for two. Louiza at the front desk answered all our many questions very well and gracefully. Umbrellas provided while we stayed. Early check in was a great perk.

Reviewed 23 October 2021

Room was not clean - apple core beside the bed and carpet was wet from something leaking from the fridge (the fridge had to be replaced). The pool was not clean - my granddaughter and son-in-law went to use it and refused to go in.