1,287 results
All reviews matisse restaurant carol lynn subway station the concierge lounge valet parking room service front desk staff valet service the royal ontario museum self park convenient location hotel lobby bed was very comfortable per day business trip bit dated location is excellent
Reviewed 26 October 2018

On arrival valet service was ready and helpful to assist with offloading luggage and you are taken through glass doors into lobby area that at the time had no line up at check in desk, which went just as smoothly..luckily I was given a room on the 6th floor concierge level which has its perks for guests to have a decent morning breakfast and evening treats..that immediate area as you came out of the elevator and to the foyer of the club room was tastefully done with mini modern chandelier light fixtures..as I made my way along the corridor to my room though you got that slightly dated feel with the carpet choice and beige wall colour..the room was spacious with adequate storage for luggage and in room touch pad safe..wasn't sure about the 2 red sitting chairs at opposite end of room but they did add something for the eye to look at ( questioningly ) and they were great to have as I don't particularly like watching tv in bed..bottled water and coffee / tea facilities tucked away in console with mini fridge..the bathroom was sleek and modern in cool tones with dark wood trimmings and good toiletries..oddest thing was an announcement that came through the in room speaker early the very next morning, ( yes an in room speaker ) that the fire services wanted guests to assemble at the meeting point..at first I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or not at what I had heard and thought surely an alarm of some sort would be sounding..when not too long after another announcement came on stating that the situation was under control..not to be insensitive but I think someone who spoke English without an accent would have been better suited for those announcements..wifi not included in guest room..not even at concierge level, however it was complimentary in the club room and it is free in lobby area for hotel guests where most people mingled around and the bar in lobby area was good and got lively with other guests in the evenings. Hotel is in a great location on Bloor street with lots of nearby areas / places to explore..out and left takes you to Church street..out and right takes you along Bloor Yorkville area with all the high end trendy stores..before you get to them you will meet up with Yonge street that you go left at and you can walk down several blocks to get to the Eaton Centre and Dundas square or as you exit hotel and go right, the next entrance takes you down below street level to the Pathway where there are several shops and a subway stop for your convenience that you can take Southboud to Dundas if you don't feel like stretching your legs and then take Northbound train back up to Bloor when you're done exploring downtown / shopping at Eaton Centre and you're right next to the Hotel. Lots of restaurants / bars close by..if you missed having breakfast at the hotel..out and left just as you go past a small street you will meet Sunset Grill.. breakfast served here at good prices with varying options to choose from. I would definitely stay at this Hotel again, great location, with friendly and helpful staff.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2018

I was looking for a hotel close to U of T. This was perfect. It is a 10 minute walk to U of T from this hotel. Check in was easy. My room was clean. Bed is good. The only thing I can complain about as this is the 2nd Marriot hotel I have stayed at this year are the towels. I hate rough towels. Also, I think they can provide free water like some other hotels of the same calibre instead of charging 3$ for a water. Gym is small but functional. Otherwise a nice hotel at a reasonable price for 1 night in a great area in Yorkville.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2018

Great location and staff. Busy hotel with lots to do in the area. Dining options in the area are excellent (Buca a few blocks away). Enjoy great museums, university a few blocks away. Mall next door has lots and shopping is good especially if weather is bad. Bar has good options.

Reviewed 21 October 2018

Starting with when we arrived, Emmanuel the valet was very courteous. Ladies at front desk were kind and helpful. With Marriott rewards you get free WiFi otherwise it is $13. seems a little steep as most places offer it for free to everyone. Room was spacious and well furnished, bed was very comfortable. Nice bathroom and toiletries. Didn't get everyone's name but the valet that took my husband to the car to start packing it back up and also got our car was very nice and polite. Would definitely stay again. Lots of high ending shops and restaurants on blood st. Gave a rating of 4 because of WiFi.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

Travelling in the modern era often becomes a degrading experience in which law-abiding citizens are treated like hardened criminals. We all need a refuge after being lined up, interrogated by the guards, herded like cattle and squeezed into claustrophobic metal tubes. Over the years The Marriott Bloor Yorkville has been a sanctuary for my wife and I through more airline mishaps than we care to remember. The location within walking distance to anything anyone could possibly need to purchase or want to do is a major advantage. However it is the incredible staff that raises the bar for excellence to such a level that other hotels pale in contrast. Guests are treated with such personal warmth and efficient service that the goons on airport security (Canada has the worst in the world) and discomfort on the planes ( again, Canada’s are the worst in the world) become a distant memory. Cares fade away when Silva and Ali gracefully take your luggage, the legendary Carol – Lynn checks you in so kindly and the always reassuring Tenisha flashes a welcoming smile. No need to leave for delicious food, a fine drink and superb service – nobody could surpass Fahima, Rashid and Jeff. The atmosphere created by these hospitality superstars is evident in every interaction with every staff member whether you’re on the curb, in the lobby, the elevator, the hallway, the restaurant, the lounge or your spacious room – always cleaned immaculately by the most accommodating housekeeping staff on the planet. Our compliments to the lovely lady who cleaned our room last time and our apologies for not getting her name nor the names of so many other staff members whom we met briefly during our most recent stay. It was a pleasure meeting the amazing Christabelle who checked us in so considerately and Nawin who treated us so courteously in the lounge. When we were leaving we had the ultimate “small world” experience discovering that Tasik who so skillfully arranged our comfortable departure had recently started working at the Marriott after having worked for seventeen years at the same hotel we had just left in Greece. The staff certainly has an uncanny way of providing unforgettable memories! Please extend our deepest appreciation and most sincere commendations to all. We look forward to returning soon, as always.

Room tip: Near elevator, renovated room.
Date of stay: September 2018